Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Beggars advised to call 0844 number for help. (Read 4,037 times)
bigjohn
Supreme Member

Beggars advised to call 0844 number for help.
Jun 17th, 2013 at 5:57am

"Adrian Warburton, manager of Worcester-based homeless hostel St Paul’s, said he was not surprised to hear of an increase in people being forced to beg.

As well as the continuing tough times, he also believes changes to the benefits system have a part to play.

Mr Warburton, who lives in Malvern, said: “If there is an increase in begging, and people not having enough funds generally, I think that will have contributed,” he said.

Help is available and anyone looking to find help for themselves or someone else should call the referral agency Worcestershire Link Up on 0844 346 0014, which will then put them in touch with the appropriate support. "

http://www.malverngazette.co.uk/news/10485111.Beggars_to_face_police_crackdown/

You would think they would offer a cheaper form of access number for people supposedly short of funds.
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2013 at 6:00am by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Re: Beggars advised to call 0844 number for help.
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 11:51am

bigjohn wrote on Jun 17th, 2013 at 5:57am:
"Adrian Warburton, manager of Worcester-based homeless hostel St Paul’s, said he was not surprised to hear of an increase in people being forced to beg.

As well as the continuing tough times, he also believes changes to the benefits system have a part to play.

Help is available and anyone looking to find help for themselves or someone else should call the referral agency Worcestershire Link Up on 0844 346 0014, which will then put them in touch with the appropriate support. "

You would think they would offer a cheaper form of access number for people supposedly short of funds.

I have cut some of the above quote from Mr Warburton to possibly point out some hypocrisy on his part.

Here is the website of the Worcestershire Link Up  and the above mentioned 0844 number: http://www.stpaulshostel.co.uk/Pages/Contact.aspx

Yes as far as I can see St Paul's Hostel and Worcestershire Link Up are one and the same!

They do however publish an 01 number next to the 0844 number which is: 01905 739395

I feel that in all fairness to those who NEED to use a service like that, the 01 number should be published over and above the 0844 number or instead of completely!

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge