Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
T-Mobile Complaints Department (Read 16,252 times)
Christopher Evans

T-Mobile Complaints Department
Jun 22nd, 2013 at 8:45am

I recently sent a letter of complaint to T-Mobile at their Sunderland address (6 Camberwell Way, Doxford Park, Sunderland, SR3 3XN) and someone called me back the other day.

She told me to call back on 0845 412 2800 (and gave me a direct extension), which is also listed in the unverified numbers section of your database, however when I tried to ring today I got a recorded message saying the number was no longer in use, but was available for purchase.

I'd like some help in finding a real number for the direct line to the  complaints department, preferably geographic but any at all would do. My experience of t-mobile's customer services is shocking, so I'd rather not to through the menu on the main customer services number to invariably get transferred to the wrong department.

Thanks for any help.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: T-Mobile Complaints Department
Reply #1 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 5:14pm

Search by company name
t-mobile

There is an entry giving the Doxford switchboard as 0191 501 1900. This is perhaps the best place to start.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 5:19pm

Christopher Evans wrote on Jun 22nd, 2013 at 8:45am:
…when I tried to ring today I got a recorded message saying the number was no longer in use, but was available for purchase.

Which number are you referring to? It would be of help if you quote it in full here so we may know for certain and so it will be preserved here for the record (so that when this thread is read at a later date we know which number it is that you were talking about).
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2013 at 5:31pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Christopher Evans

Reply #3 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 7:22pm

It was 0845 412 2800 that I got a no longer in service message for. I'll give the Doxford switchboard a try on Monday, see if that gets me anywhere.

Really annoying that this number was given to me by customer services as well  Angry

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #4 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 7:33pm

Christopher Evans wrote on Jun 22nd, 2013 at 7:22pm:
It was 0845 412 2800 that I got a no longer in service message for. I'll give the Doxford switchboard a try on Monday, see if that gets me anywhere.

Really annoying that this number was given to me by customer services as well  Angry

Perhaps you misdialled as the 0845 number certainly goes through to T-Mobile, as I tried it earlier.

The Doxford switchboard number, 0191 501 1900, was one of a number of T-Mobile switchboard numbers listed on its website, perhaps over a year ago. I tried the number earlier and it was unobtainable. It may spring back into life when the office is open (this isn't unheard of) or it may now be no more. If it's the latter, please would you let me know and I will remove it from the listings?

Failing that, the Hatfield switchboard, 01707 315000, might be worth a try. The company may have closed down its other switchboards anyway as calls can be routed to anywhere at any site, I imagine. Extensions will be able to be dialled internally across the sites, as is often the case these days.

If the "extension number" you have is a T-Mobile internal one then ringing the main switchboard and asking for that extension should get you put through to the right place. The only exception is if this "extension number" you have been given is one specifically for use with the published 0845 number and which might not be of the format of the internal phone system - under these circumstances it perhaps might not work.

How many digits is the extension number? Perhaps you can quote it with the last two digits **ed out.

IP Logged

Christopher Evans

Reply #5 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 7:45pm

Perhaps I did mis-dial then, like I say I'll try again on Monday (as I assume the complaints department isn't open on a Sunday).

Interestingly, I've just been looking through my call history and the number they called from was actually 0845 412 5000; geographic numbers for this are listed in the main database as the three switchboard numbers (Doxford, Hatfield and Merthyr Tydfil). The lady I spoke to sounded Welsh rather than North Eastern, so probably worth trying the Merthyr number (01685 358700). I also notice that the 0845 412 2800 number I mentioned has been removed from the unverified section.

The extension I was given was 28**, I don't know if that's any help to you.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #6 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 8:45pm

Christopher Evans wrote on Jun 22nd, 2013 at 7:45pm:
Interestingly, I've just been looking through my call history and the number they called from was actually 0845 412 5000; geographic numbers for this are listed in the main database as the three switchboard numbers (Doxford, Hatfield and Merthyr Tydfil). The lady I spoke to sounded Welsh rather than North Eastern, so probably worth trying the Merthyr number (01685 358700). I also notice that the 0845 412 2800 number I mentioned has been removed from the unverified section.

To the best of my knowledge the 0845 412 5000 number is T-Mobile's main customer service number. A direct alternative to this (which gets through to the same menu) is to call the sales number, 0808 121 9999, and select option 2.

I listed the switchboard numbers with appropriate notes by them as, whilst they aren't direct alternatives, they might be of use in place of the 0845 number.

There is an unverified entry giving 0191 563 1500 for Doxford switchboard, so perhaps it has changed.

I removed the two entries with 0845 412 2800 in because that was the only numbers they contained, that is they had no alternative. If we find an alternative route then they will be put back.

Christopher Evans wrote on Jun 22nd, 2013 at 7:45pm:
The extension I was given was 28**, I don't know if that's any help to you.

I would imagine that extension numbers within an organisation as big as T-Mobile (now EE) will be longer than four digits owing to the likely number of employees. For this reason you should perhaps be braced for the switchboard not putting you through (even though it's a switchboard's job to put callers through to extensions). As I say, this is just a warning.

The 28** numbers could perhaps be for issuing to customers which allows them to separate out calls from customers as opposed to other calls to staff members. These are just my thoughts and you may find out more on Monday.

Or then again, each site may have its own dialling code and the 28** is quoted without that code.

It will be useful if you can let us know how you get on as it might help others with the same query.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2013 at 8:51pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Christopher Evans

Reply #7 - Jun 24th, 2013 at 2:55pm

The number given in the main database (which I see has now been deleted) was still out of service when I rang this morning. The Doxford Park number in the unverified section (0191 563 1500) was answered as EE (so presumably will work for T-Mobile/Orange/EE customer services), but the extension number wasn't one recognised by them.

The 0845 412 2800 number I was given worked today, so I must have been dialling wrong last week; I guess that the extension number must be specific to the complaints department.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #8 - Jun 24th, 2013 at 4:26pm

Christopher Evans wrote on Jun 24th, 2013 at 2:55pm:
The number given in the main database (which I see has now been deleted) was still out of service when I rang this morning. The Doxford Park number in the unverified section (0191 563 1500) was answered as EE (so presumably will work for T-Mobile/Orange/EE customer services), but the extension number wasn't one recognised by them.

The 0845 412 2800 number I was given worked today, so I must have been dialling wrong last week; I guess that the extension number must be specific to the complaints department.

Thanks for the feedback. I removed the 0191 501 1900 number earlier because like you I found it unobtainable. I've promoted the new Doxford number to the verified listings.

In light of your findings, I suggest that the 28** "extension" number is specifically formed to provide to customers rather than being a conventional extension number for internal dialling in the office.

The only other avenue I can think of is if you know the person's name to ring the switchboard and ask to be put through to them. Or ask the person to give you either their 01/02 direct dialling in number or extension number that the switchboard can get them on.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, bbb_uk, Dave, CJT-80, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge