Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BarclayCard Complaints 0844 Number. (Read 10,853 times)
bigjohn
Supreme Member

BarclayCard Complaints 0844 Number.
Nov 18th, 2013 at 12:39pm

Was discussing the use of 084 numbers elsewhere,and it was pointed out to me that Barclaycard have fairly already recently changed their  0844 Complaints Number to an 0800 and a 0333 number,and sure enough they do use these see

http://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/complaints

So a bit more progress. Smiley

PPI complaints though still use 0844  Shocked
http://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/ppi
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2013 at 12:48pm by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Re: BarclayCard Complaints 0844 Number.
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 4:22pm

Some progress indeed... I am not to sure on their "call charge" information though

Calls to 0333 numbers cost no more than a national rate call and are included in 'inclusive minutes' for mobiles.

Since when is it a "national rate" call... as far as I am aware "national rate" does not exist... it's a Geographic rate....  Huh

We have progress from Barclaycard.. but clearly a little bit of education needs to be done  Smiley

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 4:54pm

Ofcom have offered many different versions of the necessary call cost statement for 03 numbers. The phrase "national rate" has been used. In theory, telecos could charge different rates for national and local calls, although they generally do not.

The latest version of the Ofcom statement, found in the current version of “Number Crunching” should be fine for most purposes:
Quote:
Calls cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02) and must be included in inclusive minutes and
discount schemes in the same way.

(N.B. Although the URL implies January 2010, the 'Number Crunching' document is subject to regular updates.)

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #3 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 11:26am

I thought this would mean Barclaycard numbers generally would no longer be 0844 but certainly they are still showing the 0844 numbers for everything (& on documentation sent out now), couldn't see an 03 number at all.   Have I misunderstood?   I thought I had also seen in another thread about Barclaycard changing from 0844.   If it is only their complaints number & not their enquiries number, that is not very helpful as often one needs to enquire before complaining.   Does anyone know if they are still refusing to answer UK originated calls on the overseas number?

IP Logged

Ian G

Reply #4 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 11:43am

Recent newspaper articles say they will begin the change next year.

e.g. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/consumertips/household-bills/...

Hmm, the quote isn't in that article. It must have been in one of the others.
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2013 at 11:47am by Ian G »  

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #5 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 12:10pm

Thank you!

IP Logged

speedy

Dartford
Reply #6 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 1:10pm

SilentCallsVictim wrote on Nov 18th, 2013 at 4:54pm:
The latest version of the Ofcom statement, found in the current version of “Number Crunching” should be fine for most purposes:
Quote:
Calls cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02) and must be included in inclusive minutes and
discount schemes in the same way.

(N.B. Although the URL implies January 2010, the 'Number Crunching' document is subject to regular updates.)

The RAC who are keeping their switch to 0333 2000 999 a big secret from their Members, have quoted the Charge Rate as 'National'.

I checked on my recently received Members card and there is no mention either on the Card or any paperwork in the envelope, I am not disputing its new arrival but wouldn't it have been a wonderful idea to inform its Members.

I posted the not National Rate and the correct info as above but so far have no reply from the RAC Rep on their Forum.

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #7 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 3:43pm

Ian G wrote on Nov 25th, 2013 at 11:43am:
… the quote isn't in that article. It must have been in one of the others.

I can confirm that Barclays has given no indication of precisely when the move away from 084 numbers will begin or end. 2014 must be understood to be the likely time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, CJT-80, Dave, Forum Admin, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge