Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Birmingham AIrport (Read 8,603 times)
Barbara
Supreme Member

Birmingham AIrport
Jun 22nd, 2014 at 10:12am

Have started new post for this as previous one related to car parking; I can confirm that the number in the database 0121 767 8585 works as an alternative to 0871 222 0072, used it yesterday and it worked perfectly well for general enquiries so can now be moved to verified.

By the way, are airports covered by the CRD?   They do have a sales side as well as transport management.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Re: Birmingham AIrport
Reply #1 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 10:29am

Thanks Barbara

I have promoted this to the verified listings database.

With regards to Airports and the CRD, I think either Dave or SCV would be in a better position to advise.

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 10:38am

They are required to comply.

Fair Telecoms lists major airports non compliance here http://www.fairtelecoms.org.uk/uploads/1/1/4/5/11456053/traders_in_breach_14_jun...

BJ.

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #3 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 5:55pm

Thanks for that information; I then checked & see Eurotunnel is still showing 0844 numbers (although they do have an 01 number for Lost Property with limited opening hours) so I assume they are also in breach?

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #4 - Jul 3rd, 2014 at 11:20am

Hi, re my previous post of 22nd June, Eurotunnel are STILL only showing 0844 numbers on their website, please could someone confirm to me whether they are in breach of the CRD as it seems a bit complicated in relation to travel organisations like Eurotunnel who operate the service but also sell either by phone or their online booking system.   Thank you.

IP Logged

Ian G

Re: Birmingham Airport & Eurotunnel
Reply #5 - Jul 3rd, 2014 at 11:47am

If they fail to offer an 01, 02 or 03 number for customers to call about a previous purchase (amendment, upgrade, downgrade, cancellation, renewal, refund or other enquiry related to the purchase), they are in breach of the regulations.

« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2014 at 11:48am by Ian G »  

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Re: Birmingham Airport & Eurotunnel
Reply #6 - Jul 3rd, 2014 at 12:06pm

Ian G wrote on Jul 3rd, 2014 at 11:47am:
If they fail to offer an 01, 02 or 03 number for customers to call about a previous purchase (amendment, upgrade, downgrade, cancellation, renewal, refund or other enquiry related to the purchase), they are in breach of the regulations.

So many organisations are still in breach that sell tickets in any way shape or form. EG Theatres /Football Grounds etc.

BJ.

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #7 - Jul 3rd, 2014 at 6:14pm

Thank you; I have just looked again via their "Contact us" page & see they now have a specific number for "postsale and any other queries" which is an 03 number yet they are still showing the 0844s for ticket reservations, travel information & when giving details of their contact centre so wonder how that all works!   I could be kind & suggest they are moving their nos gradually to 03 but, based on previous experience, I rather doubt it unless anyone has any inside info to the contrary (many of you do often seem to know such info).   I will keep an eye on this & make sure I have the 03 number with me!   I cannot understand why they all have to make it so complicated for customers rather than just accepting the law has changed & they are obliged to comply.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80, Dave, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge