Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Scared to use this service.. (Read 9,430 times)
Lwiggy

Scared to use this service..
Jul 28th, 2014 at 11:44am

I dont really wanna use this site as im abit weary of if its gonna cost me more than actually calling to direct number...
can someone explain how this works please???
also who owns the other numbers cant other people listen in to the convasation cause they own it? or am i being an idiot?

thanks all

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Re: Scared to use this service..
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 7:33pm

Hi Lwiggy and welcome to SayNoTo0870.com.

Lwiggy wrote on Jul 28th, 2014 at 11:44am:
I dont really wanna use this site as im abit weary of if its gonna cost me more than actually calling to direct number...
Calling a geographical number which are numbers beginning 01, 02 or 03 will normally be cheaper than calling an 084x/087x number depending on tariff you have.

However, this isn't always true and can depend on time of day, the tariff you're on and whether calling from a mobile or landline.

For example, calling 084x/087x from a mobile can cost around 25ppm+ (often more) depending on network/tariff you're on whereas a call to a geographical number (01, 02 or 03) will be included in any inclusive tariff you may have.

Quote:
can someone explain how this works please???
Most of the the time basically when you call an 08x number, calls are transferred automatically to a geographical, or a range of geographical numbers depending on how busy that number is.

An alternative number listed may be the actual number the 08x transfers to or it maybe a telephone number for another department (eg reception) who may transfer the call for you.

Quote:
also who owns the other numbers cant other people listen in to the convasation cause they own it
Both types of numbers (01,02,03) and 08x are used by the business.

If you provide some basic details of the the landline/tariff you're using and any mobile tariff then I can provide more accurate information for you.

IP Logged

Lwiggy

Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 4:19pm

i understand it now, but how can it be legal for companies to lets say charge 50p a minute for a 0870 number or whatever even though its being transferred to a number that is more than likely free nowadays with the addons we have on are mobile/home tariffs
i honestly thought people were hosting numbers to connect to the 0870etc number on a "server" kind of thing, i didnt know companies have 01 02 03 numbers lol!
im on a unlimited call tariff to 01 02 03 and all mobiles in the uk BTW!

thanks!

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 7:51pm

Lwiggy wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 4:19pm:
i understand it now, but how can it be legal for companies to lets say charge 50p a minute for a 0870 number or whatever even though its being transferred to a number that is more than likely free nowadays
Free market.  Same could be said why booking holidays during half term when kids are off can cost significantly more money (even double sometimes) than when kids are in school.

Quote:
i honestly thought people were hosting numbers to connect to the 0870etc number on a "server" kind of thing
Some companies use VoIP (Voice over IP) which means an 08x number may transfer to a "server" as you put it and so they may not have an underlying 01/02/03.  However, this type of service especially where there is no underlying 01/02/03 is rare.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, CJT-80, Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge