Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
British Gas Hijacking Users Of DQ Service 118118 (Read 4,424 times)
bigjohn
Supreme Member

British Gas Hijacking Users Of DQ Service 118118
Oct 12th, 2014 at 3:25am

"British Gas is mounting an extraordinary attempt to hijack efforts by consumers to contact its rivals.
"A partnership with the 118 118 directory enquiry service means callers asking for the number of any energy company are met with a hard sell for British Gas.
The 118 118 operator is required to highlight one of its fixed energy tariffs and talk up an incentive of a £50 high street shopping voucher. The same operator even offers to connect customers who had originally intended to contact a rival to British Gas sales staff."

Full story here : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2788782/british-gas-118-118-deal-cheaper...
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2014 at 3:29am by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

kasg

West Sussex
Re: British Gas Hijacking Users Of DQ Service 118118
Reply #1 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 11:12am

The only way services like this can possibly survive is that people have no idea how much it costs. For a DQ call now you are pretty much looking at a minimum of £5 with most providers. Ask the man in the street how much it costs and he would probably say about 40p. Who are the people that continue to use them and why do they do it?

IP Logged

speedy

Dartford
Re: British Gas Hijacking Users Of DQ Service 118118
Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 4:39pm

Probably people only know that number because they have the money from suckers who use their directory numbers to do all that advertising on TV.

I had an elderly neighbour who knew no better than using BT Directory and after getting extra billing of £28 twice but after mentioning his problem on here I was given a choice of 3 numbers that ranged from 32ppmin. to 41p for whole call and a FREE but very busy number that I warned him off.

I duly passed these on to him, resulting in a very happy bunny.  I know that these charges will be altered next year and when I find out I will be Updating him.

Thanks the people who provided those numbers.  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, CJT-80, Dave, Forum Admin, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge