<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BT pricing (Read 3,686 times)
LK

BT pricing
Jan 18th, 2015 at 6:43pm

Hi, I've had a few very harassing phone calls with BT's Indian call centres, whilst trying to find a few simple answers to some pricing queries  I have. Hoping someone can help me on here. Many thanks....

I understand Bt charge 9.58p a minute for a standard daytime residential call & 15.97p set up fee. I've been told that these two prices are always rounded up to the nearest penny & I've been also told they aren't! I've been told that the first minute is charged at 27p as 9.58p + 15.97p = 25.55 + a further rounding of 1.45 to .27p they couldn't explain why, also been told this isn't the case! I'm simply trying to work out how my call charges are arrived at.

As you can see, all very bamboozling, any help would be very gratefully received  Smiley

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Re: BT pricing
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 6:17pm

LK wrote on Jan 18th, 2015 at 6:43pm:
Hi, I've had a few very harassing phone calls with BT's Indian call centres, whilst trying to find a few simple answers to some pricing queries  I have. Hoping someone can help me on here. Many thanks....

I understand Bt charge 9.58p a minute for a standard daytime residential call & 15.97p set up fee. I've been told that these two prices are always rounded up to the nearest penny & I've been also told they aren't! I've been told that the first minute is charged at 27p as 9.58p + 15.97p = 25.55 + a further rounding of 1.45 to .27p they couldn't explain why, also been told this isn't the case! I'm simply trying to work out how my call charges are arrived at.

As you can see, all very bamboozling, any help would be very gratefully received  Smiley

Hi there, rather then calling up their confusing call centre, sit down with a cuppa and have a read of this: http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/assets/downloads/BT_PhoneTariff_R... and this: http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/assets/downloads/BT_PhoneTariff_S...

Should keep anyone busy for a while.  I will look it over and come back with some meaningful info for you.  Smiley

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Ian01
Supreme Member

Re: BT pricing
Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 6:30pm

If you're making more than about 10 minutes per week of weekday, daytime calls to 01, 02 and 03 numbers the BT Anytime call plan will save you money. If you do not have BT Broadband, you can make further savings by instead opting for the BT Home Phone Saver deal.

The BT Evening and Weekend and BT Weekend deals work out very expensive if you start making even a relatively small amount of daytime calls on weekdays.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, CJT-80, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge