Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Please keep the geographicals coming (Read 3,926 times)
RoseRodent

Please keep the geographicals coming
Jun 23rd, 2015 at 9:40am

I am worried that the rise of the 03 number is reducing the number of successful hits on here for a proper geographical number. I am not just concerned for costs as are most people, it is impossible to connect to text relay (used by deaf, hard of hearing and speech impaired customers) using the current system of non-geographic numbers, I just get a text saying I cannot be connected. This is of huge concern to me because this is where I come as a first choice to be able to find numbers to call, and increasingly I get one which is cheaper but I still cannot dial it. Just wanted to put the word out there that for some callers the geographic number is vital. Please share widely with anyone who normally contributes numbers that this is not yet the time to sit back and relax that cheap calls are coming, we now just have new discrimination instead.  Angry

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Re: Please keep the geographicals coming
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2015 at 10:35am

RoseRodent wrote on Jun 23rd, 2015 at 9:40am:
… it is impossible to connect to text relay (used by deaf, hard of hearing and speech impaired customers) using the current system of non-geographic numbers, I just get a text saying I cannot be connected. This is of huge concern to me …

RoseRodent:
The fair telecoms campaign shares your concern. I am sure that our contacts at Ofcom who support text relay would also share that concern. 03 numbers must be equally accessible for all, and there is no GOOD reason for them not being equally accessible with actual geographic numbers. It is imperative that the reason for your difficulties is identified and resolved.

Please contact me personally by email (see below). We have been involved in resolving a number of issues for text relay users (and there have been many) and I would hope to be able to resolve yours.

IP Logged

RoseRodent

Re: Please keep the geographicals coming
Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 8:48am

Done! Thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, bbb_uk, CJT-80, Dave, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge