Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Plusnet Up Prices From 1/9/2015 (Read 4,940 times)
bigjohn
Supreme Member

Plusnet Up Prices From 1/9/2015
Jul 2nd, 2015 at 6:10pm

"Prices changes - 2nd September 2015

New pricing will apply from 2nd September 2015 as set out below

Line rental will increase from £15.95 per month or £15.99 per month to £16.99 per month
Line Rental Saver will increase from £155.88 for 12 months to £185.88 for 12 months (for those customers signing up or renewing Line Rental Saver from 2nd September)
Evening and Weekends will increase from £2.00 per month to £3.00 per month
Anytime with and without 25% off international destinations will increase from £5.00 per month to £6.00 per month
Anytime International 300 will increase from £7.00 per month to £7.50 per month
Our call set up fee will increase from 15p to 16p per call
Geographic calls to 01, 02 and 03 numbers will increase to 10p per minute and mobile calls to 13p per minute
Postage & Packaging will increase from £5.99 to £6.99 (excluding YouView+ set top box at £7.99)
Our early termination charges will change. How much depends on your package.
Some of our call rates will change"

http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html

Normally they increase prices yearly beginning of Oct. Late Sept last year. To get extra money off customers quicker  i presume they have decided to bring it forward to 1st of Sept 2015. Shocked

Although i see no mention of it,  as the increases will be a change to customers' terms and conditions, you should be able to leave penalty-free.

To do this, you normally  need to tell Plusnet within 30 days of it telling you about the price rises. Plusnet should then cancel your service within 14 days.
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2015 at 6:19pm by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

allegro

Re: Plusnet Up Prices From 1/9/2015
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2015 at 6:38am

My Plusnet annual line rental is due for renewal on 21st September. Fortuantely it's possible to renew early at the old rate. Finding the correct page is not easy. I found it via google rather than by hunting around the PN site.

There seems to be something of a trend with phone companies. Upping the line rental and pushing customers towards 24/7 call packages. Presumably to fund the increasingly cutthroat broadband offers to new customers.

Don't know what it will be like with the abolition of MAC for changing ISPs but I've always been able to get a decent retention deal from Plusnet, just by asking nicely.

IP Logged

BB

Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 12:54pm

Alas - Plusnet appears to be going down the pan, as far as competitiveness is concerned.  I guess their owner, BT, is squeezing them for more revenue to fund the outrageous prices they have paid for sport - most recently for the Champion's league, where they outbid ITV if my memory serves me correctly.  I fear we will not be Plusnet customers for much longer as there are now much better deals available. 
This continues the inexorable rise in fixed line rental. In 2006, when Ofcom removed the cap on line rental, BT charged just £11.50/month. Ofcom claimed there was now sufficient competition they could remove the cap. Result - a  48% increase in line rental. Well done to the great non-regulator, Ofcom.  Who do they really represent?  Doesn't seem to be the public. 

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 5:52pm

BB wrote on Jul 6th, 2015 at 12:54pm:

This continues the inexorable rise in fixed line rental. In 2006, when Ofcom removed the cap on line rental, BT charged just £11.50/month. Ofcom claimed there was now sufficient competition they could remove the cap. Result - a  48% increase in line rental. Well done to the great non-regulator, Ofcom.  Who do they really represent?  Doesn't seem to be the public. 

That would be the same Ofcom who opened up the Directory Enquiries market to the competition, which now results in people paying a huge costs to find a number via a DQ service.  If I recall 192 the BT DQ service was under £1 a call when it was closed/replaced!

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, Dave, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge