Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Eurotunnel still promoting 0844 (Read 6,195 times)
Barbara
Supreme Member

Eurotunnel still promoting 0844
Jul 31st, 2015 at 2:27pm

Has anyone else noticed that Eurotunnel are still promoting their 0844 information number, this is for existing[b][/b]customers so is surely a breach of the Consumer Contract regulations? They do have an 03 number which they go to great lengths to conceal.  Incidentally, with all the hassles at the Tunnel I received today an email inviting me to make a booking if I haven't done already for my "getaway" this year!!!      (In fact we booked last October)  How irresponsible is that & what a waste of what must be very stretched resources?  On their webpage they actually say they can't sell tickets at the moment to non-reserved customers so this email invites yet more chaos.

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Re: Eurotunnel still promoting 0844
Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 8:36pm

BJ.

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 11:17am

Yes bigjohn, thank you but that was in relation to declaring the access charge whereas I was making the point about them charging for a Customer Relations/Travel Information number to be used by existing customers ie those with whom they already have a contract & which I thought had been against the law since June 2014 (I did raise this with them last year & got nowhere).   From the other thread, it seems they are also doing the bare minimum to be compliant as regards declaring the charges.  I have always felt that this declaration of costs rather misses the point (& I know the arguments that it will, we hope, "persuade" more organisations to abandon 084/087 etc) in that knowing the amount by which I am being ripped off is no consolation, I want to be treated fairly.  This is a particular issue with Eurotunnel at present with all the daily chaos & there are still people who cannot access the internet/their website on the move & may need to phone them while in transit to catch a booked (ie contracted) crossing & will be relying on a mobile.

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 11:58am

Barbara wrote on Aug 6th, 2015 at 11:17am:
Yes bigjohn, thank you but that was in relation to declaring the access charge whereas I was making the point about them charging for a Customer Relations/Travel Information number to be used by existing customers ie those with whom they already have a contract & which I thought had been against the law since June 2014 (I did raise this with them last year & got nowhere).   From the other thread, it seems they are also doing the bare minimum to be compliant as regards declaring the charges.  I have always felt that this declaration of costs rather misses the point (& I know the arguments that it will, we hope, "persuade" more organisations to abandon 084/087 etc) in that knowing the amount by which I am being ripped off is no consolation, I want to be treated fairly.  This is a particular issue with Eurotunnel at present with all the daily chaos & there are still people who cannot access the internet/their website on the move & may need to phone them while in transit to catch a booked (ie contracted) crossing & will be relying on a mobile.

Barbara you must have missed SCV comments in the thread  where he covers that subject. EG:

"More importantly the imposition of a Service Charge on calls from customers who already have bought tickets and are looking only for the Call Centre or Recorded Travel Information numbers (perhaps communicated by a third party) is a breach of terms of the Consumer Contract regulations."

BJ.

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #4 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 5:12pm

Thanks again bigjohn, had missed this (we have terrible internet problems since we moved, such slow speeds - less than 1 mb most of the time & continual drop outs) tend to have to speed read while we have a connection!  Can nothing shame Eurotunnel into dealing with this?  I was in contact with their customer services director last year about this & other issues but got absolutely nowhere.  Just who is policing the Consumer Contracts Regulations & why isn't something being done at a level that actually achieves something?   What is the point of having these regulations if they are not enforced as "good" organisations didn't rip off their customers in the first place.  It needs some authority to enforce the rules rigorously in respect of the "bad" organisations.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, DaveM, Dave, CJT-80, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge