Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BT new line charge premium for voice-only users (Read 4,457 times)
Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
BT new line charge premium for voice-only users
Feb 20th, 2019 at 9:01pm

We discussed previously BT's reduction in line rental for voice-only end users (those without broadband). It seems a similar thing might be happening with new lines.

The current BT Consumer Price Guide defines charges for new lines.

Those ordering calls only pay £140 or £60 for a Work Line Takeover.

Those ordering a new line for "Copper Broadband" [ADSL] pay £49.99 with a Working Line Takeover being free.

For those ordering a new line for "Superfast Fibre Broadband" [FTTC] it is free, and the same goes for a Working Line Takeover.

In the case of the latter two, not only is there an underlying wholesale charge for installation, but one for connection of the broadband. The BT Wholesale Service Provider Price List Section 44 Part 7 says that for ADSL it is £39.79 and for FTTC it is £54 (both ex. VAT, of course).

With reference to "Copper Broadband" and "Superfast Fibre Broadband", I wish they would use terms like "ADSL", "FTTC" (or "VDSL") and "FTTP" in there somewhere because that is was they are and not doing so makes penetrating marketing literature even more difficult. Oh wait, maybe that's intentional.

In reality I find myself having to second-guess what it is depending on what the "up to" speed is.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2019 at 9:03pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, bbb_uk, CJT-80, Dave, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge