Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Travelodge being very naughty (Read 16,853 times)
allegro

Travelodge being very naughty
Jun 18th, 2019 at 9:35pm

My partner has just booked a Travelodge. Chatham Maritime as it happens. In the confirmation email:

"If you would like to speak to an agent to amend or cancel your booking, or wish to speak to the hotel to discuss any special requirements, please call 0871 984 8484 (calls charged at local rates)."

Not only is 0871 not permitted for this purpose, it's certainly not local rate.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Re: Travelodge being very naughty
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 7:32am

allegro wrote on Jun 18th, 2019 at 9:35pm:
My partner has just booked a Travelodge. Chatham Maritime as it happens. In the confirmation email:

"If you would like to speak to an agent to amend or cancel your booking, or wish to speak to the hotel to discuss any special requirements, please call 0871 984 8484 (calls charged at local rates)."

Not only is 0871 not permitted for this purpose, it's certainly not local rate.

Why does this NOT suprise me with Travelodge.

From their website help page it advises to contact Central Reservations team on 03719 848484 (the 1st two digits are even in bold on their help page)

Clearly someone at Travelodge needs to wake up

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: Travelodge being very naughty
Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 11:39am

I would suggest the phone number in the email will get changed if you email their CEO, Peter Gowers, using the email address listed at https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9745

But I had to write to CEO level with Cadbury Gifts Direct back in April this year (after buying Easter Eggs to be sent to a relative from them) to get them to stop using an 0871 number as their main contact number on their website, even though their post sales order confirmation email already used an 0371 number.

Initially I was told they were looking at all their current numbers but I thought they would just ignore me but now four months later I see the main website contact number has actually been changed to the 0371 number.  But they never emailed me to tell me they had made that change.

Bottom line is this problem will never be fixed everywhere (especially things like ADT burglar alarms, who charge £480 a year+ maintenance and then claim they can't afford to reprogram the panel or change a chip on it to start using 0800 instead of 0871) unless Ofcom mandate an end date for the continued use of the 084 and 087 ranges and require that any profit making number only be on 09 and also initiate a large and aggressive fines enforcement program for anyone using an 09 number for normal customer service matters.

<div style=

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, DaveM, Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge