Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bristol Tourist Information Centre (Read 14,034 times)
Dave Rado

Bristol Tourist Information Centre
Jul 24th, 2019 at 11:14am

When I search for the Bristol Tourist Information Centre (or 0906 711 2191), it says there is nothing in your main database but the following number on your unverified numbers database: 03333210101. I have just rung that 03 number and it works, so please add it as a verified number.

IP Logged

Ian01
Supreme Member

Re: Bristol Tourist Information Centre
Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2019 at 5:06pm

The sayNOto0870 website provides details of inclusive 01, 02 or 03 numbers or free 080 numbers in place of expensive 084 or 087 numbers.

The vast majority of 09 numbers are used for genuine premium rate services and so sayNOto0870 does not provide ways to bypass what is in most cases a genuine premium rate charge.

That said, usage of an expensive premium rate 09 number by Bristol Tourist Board seems like an immensely silly thing to be doing, especially when overseas callers are directed to an ordinary 0333 number.

IP Logged

allegro

Reply #2 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 7:05am

Agree that using an 09 premium rate number is a foolish thing to do for tourist info.

And there is no declaration of call charges as is legally required.

IP Logged

Ian01
Supreme Member

Reply #3 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 2:55pm

On the web page I looked at it said "50p per minute plus network extras" or similar.

The Access Charge from a mobile phone is usually 55p per minute or more, making the total cost more than £1 per minute.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #4 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 8:56pm

I could not find any mention on the Bristol Tourist website for an 09 number.  I have found an 01 and an 03 number here

Does someone have a link to the 09 number on the website or is it elsewhere?

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Ian01
Supreme Member

Reply #5 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:20pm

After contact from the Fair Telecoms Campaign, the premium rate 09 number was rapidly withdrawn from use once they understood the sillyness of what they were doing.

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #6 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 1:36am

Ian01 wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:20pm:
After contact from the Fair Telecoms Campaign, the premium rate 09 number was rapidly withdrawn from use once they understood the silliness of what they were doing.

As advised above, the latest version of the webpage shows that use of the 09 number, as previously advertised, has been withdrawn.

We strongly recommend anyone to simply contact any user with a link (http://www.fairtelecoms.org.uk/docs.html?stopnow) to our briefing - ”Now is the time to stop using 084 and 087 telephone numbers”.

Most users of 084 and 087 numbers are doing so because they have no idea of the cost burden they are imposing on callers. This burden is wholly disproportionate to the benefit, if any, which is derived from the Service Charge.

How this user came to be using a 09 number is beyond comprehension, but the point is that this has swiftly and gently been stopped.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Dave, CJT-80, Forum Admin, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge