Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
119 - (Covid-19) Coronavirus Testing Call Centre (Read 7,200 times)
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

119 - (Covid-19) Coronavirus Testing Call Centre
May 23rd, 2020 at 2:12pm

Everyone in the United Kingdom with symptoms of Coronavirus are now eligible to get a test.

The UK government have launched a new telephone number specifically for this purpose.

119 can be called to access the service.  Calls can be made from UK mobiles/landlines and are free of charge.

The alternative number for those who are unable to call this number is 0300 303 2713.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/everyone-in-the-united-kingdom-with-symptoms-...
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2020 at 2:18pm by Forum Admin »  

Check Out the main website at http://www.saynoto0870.com
IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Re: 119 - (Covid-19) Coronavirus Testing Call Centre
Reply #1 - May 23rd, 2020 at 2:51pm

I am surprised, astonished and rather disappointed that Ofcom did not announce release of this number. It is reasonable that the normal consultation process was not followed, but the absence of some notification is rather disturbing to those of us who worry about excessive state control.
There is also some doubt about what has happened to the extended use of 111 in those parts of Wales where the full 111 service is not yet in operation.
I am also awaiting release of the number of people who have reported symptoms by requesting tests, as this will be the first time, since the lockdown, that the government has this information. At the very least, I believe that it would be of enormous benefit for the data of those testing positive to be split according to their status (i.e. in hospital, in a care home or having been circulating in the community) and also by region.
(Apologies for the final paragraph. This is not SayNoToGov.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, DaveM, Dave, bbb_uk, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge