Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Get your own 0870 number, which provider? (Read 42,620 times)
Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Get your own 0870 number, which provider?
Sep 26th, 2004 at 5:46pm

This has been talked about before, (see here). I'm after my own 0870 to give to companies who refuse to give a geographical number (even if they're listed here!).

There's lots of 0870 providers, but which is best for home use? The requirements are obviously them allowing very low usage, as well as paying out from the first second of calls to the number and free setup/connection.

Here are the ones I have, some of which have been mentioned by others on this forum. If you have experience of these providers (whether they're happy with your low usage etc.), let us know how it's going. How many minutes have you accumulated?
Provider Revenue p per min Setup Remarks
day e&w
1st Stop Media Ltd* 1.5 0 £0 not accepting new customers
UK2Numbers 2 0.5 £9.95 (offer)
FleXtel 0.55 ? £0 they say in their FAQs that 0870 can be for personal use
RoboTelecom 2 0.5 £0 No minimum usage
Revenue is for lowest usage, so if there's usage bands, the lowest is shown.

From this list I think RoboTelecom give the best deal at 2p/min peak, no minumum usage and free connection! 8)

How does VAT come into this? Do I have to pay VAT on my revenue? ???

* Link removed to 1st Stop Media as it redirects to another site
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2006 at 10:05am by Dave »  

IP Logged

Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Get your own 0870 number, which provider?
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2004 at 7:21pm

One thing you need to consider as well is what their minimum payout is.

Some may be £10 others may be £50. - Also, whether they roll over revenue until you reach the minimum payout amount.

Thanks
Daniel

Check Out the main website at http://www.saynoto0870.com
IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2004 at 7:39pm

Quote:
One thing you need to consider as well is what their minimum payout is.

Good point Daniel.

RoboTelecom's T&Cs says that minimum payment is £50. If that's not reached, it's rolled over. However, it also says that the total will be reset to £0 if no payouts are made in a 12month period. They also charge £20+VAT to redirect to another geo number.

IP Logged

bgezine

Reply #3 - Sep 29th, 2004 at 10:01pm

Telco Global also offer 0870 numbers to their customers. Free set up and peak payout 1p (if I recall correctly) with payments once £15 accrued. No minimum usage.

For more info
http://www.telcoglobal.com/default.asp?id=40456985

IP Logged

tony900r

Reply #4 - Oct 1st, 2004 at 5:10pm

I think you'll find that robotelecom do charge an admin fee when you purchase a number.

I've looked at uk2numbers before and had some 0870 and 0871 numbers off them - they actually pay a higher rebate up to 3.4p/min for 0870s and 5p/min for 0871 numbers.

(uk2numbers will also price match, which is what they offered me)

I've earned around £120 from all the calls I've made companies (even BT Grin) make to call me

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #5 - Oct 1st, 2004 at 9:40pm

On this page UK2Numbers state the following:
Quote:
No connection costs, no line rentals, no hidden charges. No contract, no hassle, no extra charges.

Have I missed something? Where can I get my completely free 0870 number? Standard numbers have a £39.95 one-off fee.  Shocked

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #6 - Oct 6th, 2004 at 11:36pm

I've had a good look around, and the one that seems the best is Deltaphone.

They do charge £5.00+VAT connection, but everything else is free, including changes to the geographical number. You can make upto 6 in a year. You can also have the next sequential number free.

They specifically state that individuals can have their NGN numbers. There is also no minimum usage of 0870 and 0871.

The minimum payout is £20.00. Revenue is 1.2p in the daytime, 0.6p evening and 0.15p weekend. So they even pay out at the weekend (not very much admittedly) which some others do not.

They also offer voicemail and recorded messages and even divert to another number if it's busy.

IP Logged

UK0870

Reply #7 - Oct 7th, 2004 at 1:24pm

Hi Dave,

You seem to be determined to get the best deal. We are a reseller for UK2 Numbers, and if you wish you can contact them directly and say UK0870.co.uk recommended you. They will give you a free 0870/0871 and the full rebate they pay other clients as well.

Just say your name is Dave from Saynoto0870.

IP Logged

pauld

Newport, South Wales
Reply #8 - Oct 8th, 2004 at 11:31am

I have got a free 0870 number from FlexTel which I now give out to everyone who are not family or friends.  The bank, mail order companies, work etc all have my 0870 number.

My landline number is ex-directory and with FlexTel you have the option of getting your number listed on all the Directory Enquiry services.  It was only a few days before it was listed on the BT online Directory Enquiry site.  And it's listed in the residential section, so when these companies search for my number that's all they get - 0870 xxx xxxx.

I also have a DECT handset, so that all these companies that call me can be 'put on hold' and the longer they wait, the more money I get!!  It's not a lot, but I am now able to get my own back on all these companies that rip me off.  I'll never become a millionaire but at least I get some satisfaction.  If I am out and have to ring home from a payphone I use the 0870 number and get a cut of the revenue from that call too.

IP Logged

robinp

Hampshire
Reply #9 - Oct 9th, 2004 at 10:29am

Hi pauld, Why do you use your 0870 no. when calling to your home from a pay-phone? Surely it's cheaper calling your ex-directory no. even though you get a cut of your 0870 no. Or am I missing something here!!!

robinp

IP Logged

pauld

Newport, South Wales
Reply #10 - Oct 9th, 2004 at 10:37am

Because it's 30p minimum fee from a BT Payphone, I call the 0870 number instead of 01 number and get a cut of the cost.

IP Logged

robinp

Hampshire
Reply #11 - Oct 9th, 2004 at 10:46am

Understood now pauld, I thought I must be missing something. I am used to the US payphones. Thanks for responding to me.

robinp

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #12 - Oct 9th, 2004 at 6:16pm

Quote:
Hi Dave,

You seem to be determined to get the best deal. We are a reseller for UK2 Numbers, and if you wish you can contact them directly and say UK0870.co.uk recommended you. They will give you a free 0870/0871 and the full rebate they pay other clients as well.

I've looked at UK2Numbers and they seem quite good. A free 0870 number would be preferred, and their 2p payout in the daytime is one of the best for low users. Are they happy to have low users and how low do they allow?

The advantage of UK2Numbers is that although their minimum payout is £50, it is carried over each month. After a 12 month period if you haven't reached it, they will payout what ever the total is.

Quote:
I have got a free 0870 number from FlexTel...

I've looked at Flextel. They only payout when you reach £250! Their revenue thresholds don't work on a month by month basis, but on the amount of minutes that you've made (ie those that haven't paid out). To get to 3p/min for a single line you have to be on the phone constantly for just over 19 years! Shocked

To reach your first £250 (without referral commission) you have to rack up 42,500 minutes or 708 hours or 29.5 days! This is the main drawback to Flextel. Will you ever see your 'earnings'?

I think this is where the referral payments come in. It's like a pyramid scheme where the more you recommend or sell the more referral commission you receive. If you refer a high user you will be earning the same rate that they get upto their 500,000 minute.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #13 - Oct 14th, 2004 at 11:54pm

Quote:
Hi Dave,

I've just got a free 0870 number from UK2Numbers. Thanks to UK0870 for referring me.   8)

IP Logged

jstyles

Nothin' more useless than
runway behind you !

Reply #14 - Oct 18th, 2004 at 12:25pm

Quote:
I've just got a free 0870 number from UK2Numbers. Thanks to UK0870 for referring me.   8)

What's the dffierence between an 0870 and an 0871? They seem to cost the same (and the reward appears to be higher for the 0871). So why not plump for the 0871 instead?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, DaveM, CJT-80, Dave, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge