Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Halifax (HBOS) - 0870 8503492 (Missed calls) (Read 87,576 times)
ardveenish

Halifax (HBOS) - 0870 8503492 (Missed calls)
Dec 17th, 2005 at 3:45pm

Can anyone advise me how I can trace the following number? 08708503492

~ Thread title edited by Dave
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2006 at 8:14pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

mc661

Habitual FOI requester.

West-Norfolk
Re: Unknown 0870 number
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2005 at 5:59pm

Why dont you ring it?
If you gave us more info we might actually be bothered to help you find it.  Undecided
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2007 at 6:50pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

ardveenish

Reply #2 - Dec 21st, 2005 at 11:41pm

I carried out all the steps suggested before posting this request. In addition I also rung the number but was greeted  by an autonated voice..." You have been contacted today by one of our agent and we will contact you soon." When I recieved the call in the first instance I asked the person who they were but they refused to reveal this fact and just hung up . Thanks for putting up with an inexperienced individual.

IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 11:50am

If you receive a call you aren't expecting, and they won't tell you who they are, why bother to find out who is was? It can't be anything important; if it is they will call you back. Lots of telemarketing companies use 0870 CLI numbers to make extra profit when people call back to see who it was. If these sorts of calls bother you, I suggest registering with the Telephone Preference Service.

IP Logged

Alicenutter

Reply #4 - Dec 30th, 2005 at 9:47am

hi the number is the HALIFAX, they are a real pain !!!!!!,the automated system and the rudeness of there staff has to be heard and seen to be believed.

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #5 - Dec 30th, 2005 at 5:32pm

This number is for the
Halifax Collections
dep't, who will call you if your account is in arrears or you are having mortgage difficulties. They used to give no return number but this was changed because of the blocking by Anonymous Caller Reject.

If someone other than an account holder calls them, they will ask for name & account details. Like any financial institution, they are reticent to divulge information to just anyone, so you can understand if they are a little short with people who have nothing to do with them ask questions.

As a shareholder, I contacted them about the unhelpful
Recorded Message
, comments about it have been noted & it will be looked into being revised to give more information. I suggested that it give the 01422 380880 switchboard number to allow people to call to find out more.

Perhaps I should suggest they change to a recorded message on a Geo number rather than the 0870 they use at present !?

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Reply #6 - Dec 30th, 2005 at 7:02pm

I sympathise with their reluctance to give a switchboard number (I always recommend against this for clients - lest the poor operator is drowned in calls, even polite ones), but BT's 0800 328 9393 is a good example, even if now pricey for mobiles. Hmm, how do they know that we have not been charged?  Smiley
Yes, there may be concerns about confidentiality, but the 0870 would also cause the same problem.

IP Logged

Marvinsparvin

Re: Unknown 0870 number - 0870 8503492
Reply #7 - Jan 9th, 2006 at 8:50am

Twice this weekend we have received a call from this number.  Both times it was early and we missed it because we were in bed.  I just phoned the Halifax number given and they say that their number is 0870 8501291 and a reference number would have been left if it had been from them anyway.

We don't have any accounts with the Halifax so I am mystified as to what this number is.  I'm already registered with BTs call blocking but calls still get through from abroad, which is really annoying as I pay for this service.

Have you had any luck tracking this number down yet?

IP Logged

moogy

Reply #8 - Jan 26th, 2006 at 4:22pm

Thanks so much for this thread!   This number has been calling about 3 times a day for a week now.  On the rare occasion I find a person on the other end it's someone lacking in serious manners.  They ask for my husband and when i say he's at work and always is when they call so can I please have a number he can ring them on..they just hang up while I'm talking.
However i can now confirm this is Halifax collections, i got throught to them today on that 0870 8501291 number and asked if it was them and they said yes.  Thing is if the person ringing me bothered to check they'd of found out they had permission to talk to me!  It could've all been sorted out ages ago!  duh!

IP Logged

trigger

Reply #9 - Feb 4th, 2006 at 8:40pm

answered once gave my name

5 days later got a childish reply giving my name, with a snigger!

was given a mobile number 07778 792288 to contact guess what? switched off ho ho.

impolite? find a real job. Smiley

IP Logged

bettybean

Reply #10 - Feb 13th, 2006 at 1:52pm

Hello all.

This number is currently calling me 3-4 times a day and hanging up when I answer. I googled the number given on 1471 and this was the only hit.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can block it? is this possible? I wouldn't mind if they actually spoke to me but its driving me crazy!

IP Logged

bettybean

Reply #11 - Feb 13th, 2006 at 2:04pm

Ah, Ignore me! I called the alternative number listed by a previous poster and spoke to a person. They said they can keep my number out of their system for 2 weeks (put it on hold) but if they start up again after that i will have to call again and get it put back on hold.

grrr!

thanks anyway!

IP Logged

trevord

West Sussex, UK
Reply #12 - Feb 13th, 2006 at 2:15pm

Betty

If you register with Telephone Preference Service, they shouldn't be calling you at all - and if they do they should be reported.

IP Logged

asava

Reply #13 - Jun 7th, 2006 at 10:00pm

Hi, i have had many numerous missed calls today from this number 08708503492, and the calls were dropped, i searched the intenet and discovered it was actually from the halifax esate agency, i also reported them to ofcom for not leaving a recorded message after the dropped calls Shocked

IP Logged

Cheapoman

Reply #14 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 11:47am

DaveM wrote on Dec 30th, 2005 at 5:32pm:
This number is for the
Halifax Collections
dep't, who will call you if your account is in arrears or you are having mortgage difficulties. They used to give no return number but this was changed because of the blocking by Anonymous Caller Reject.

If someone other than an account holder calls them, they will ask for name & account details. Like any financial institution, they are reticent to divulge information to just anyone, so you can understand if they are a little short with people who have nothing to do with them ask questions.

As a shareholder, I contacted them about the unhelpful
Recorded Message
, comments about it have been noted & it will be looked into being revised to give more information. I suggested that it give the 01422 380880 switchboard number to allow people to call to find out more.

Perhaps I should suggest they change to a recorded message on a Geo number rather than the 0870 they use at present !?

Well that's very odd as I don't have any mortgage difficulties - probably because I don't have a mortgage  Roll Eyes
I have a credit card with Halifax, but I clear the balance every month and have checked online to ensure that everything is okay with it - it is.
The only other HBOS product I have is an Pet Insurance policy.  That's paid by DD every month and the payment has cleared this month without any problems.

I'm registered with the TPS and the silent call thingy but they're still calling me every day.  To date, I haven't been at home when they called, but there's a whistle next to the phone just in case they do.  Angry
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2006 at 11:48am by Cheapoman »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Dave, Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge