Ebuyer (Read 131,447 times)
allegro

Re: Ebuyer
Reply #75 - Feb 3rd, 2010 at 9:54am

I saw this in another thread:
Quote:
EBUYER TOTAL RIP OFF! ROBBED BY VIRGIN AND EBUYER
Yesterday at 7:00pm Quote
I purchased a 24" screen for my pc,it was advertised as hdmi ready,when i told them they were advertising a illleagl item they removed this screen, but when i got it it was only vga ready so it took a dozen phone calls later to get them to send a new screen hdmi ready,then i got my phone bill. i spent an extra £23 on call to ebuyer through another rip off company virgin! what a rip off and a con i hate virgin and ebuyer for ROBBING ME! DONT USE THE EITHER OFF THEM U WILL LOOSE MONEY! Angry

I actually had a similar experience last year with ebyuer except that it was resolved easily and amicably. Rather like the OP, it was a mis-described monitor which didn't have a DVI input as claimed. I used an e-note to complain, pointing out firmly but politely that this was a mis-description. As the monitor worked very well on its VGA input we agreed a discount, can't remember exact amount, but honour was satisfied. The alternative would have been returning it for refund at their cost so we both won. I got a discount, ebuyer avoided paying for a return and having to resell it as "used".

To be fair, I've had occasional problems with ebuyer in the past but they seem to have improved. Shame they still only show 0871/2 numbers on their website, despite Armando's posting. All of us in "sayno" know that 0871/2 numbers are a ripoff and that's why we're here. Some phone providers, notably mobiles, rip you off more than others.

IP Logged

Count_Tepes

Reply #76 - Aug 23rd, 2010 at 1:02pm

01430 433605 worked fine for me.

As for ebuyer themselves, I have had no problems with them that haven't been resolved quickley and amicably. Electronic equipment fails. So some people will always be dissapointed.

There response now is much improved over that a couple of years ago.

As much as  I don't want to be tied to one supplier, Ebuyer consistently beat their competition on price and delivery. So I keep going back to them.

IP Logged

shaunnybwoy

London
Reply #77 - Jun 3rd, 2011 at 11:59am

2 years on, and still no mention of a local rate phone number on their site. I have to call them for a fault on my account, and they gladly gave me the premium number in their email.  Undecided

Keep it up SNT0870!

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #78 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 3:35pm

armandoebuyer wrote on Dec 8th, 2009 at 5:53pm:
This is Armando Sanchez with Ebuyer I see some of you are trying to speak to me. I've been reading through this post and can see that some of you have gone to a lot of trouble to get hold of us by using a local number. We sincerely do not want to upset our customers for 10p a minute, as we value your business very much.

Because of this I'm looking into this matter as it might be something we will eliminate going forward. We may possibly look into removing the 0871 number from Ebuyer,  this may take a few months to look into so please bear with me. In the mean time you can use this number to get through to Ebuyer customer service at a local rate, so your not being bounced around all over the place 01430 433605.

This is just to confirm that the number provided by Armando at Ebuyer still worked perfectly today (January 11th 2012) and I got through very quickly to first a call adviser and then a supervisor who explained extremely comprehensively how their various different shipping and delivery choices worked (there is a choice from 1 to 5 days plus a free 5 day delivery option on small packages over £50) and who the courier used (Parcelforce) normally was and whether goods could arrive quicker than 5 days on the 5 day service in practice.

My main disappointment is that Ebuyer have not yet moved to showing an 01, 02 or 03 prefixed number as standard in place of their 0871 number as Armando suggested might happen. Cry

However I also find it extremely disappointing that Ebuyers marketing personnel currently seem to deliberately abuse the spirit if not the letter of PhonePayPlus's call price disclosure rules for 0871 numbers by not publishing the call cost of the number at the top of their Contact Us page where the large 0871 number is shown and instead hide it at the bottom of the Contact Us page that only customers who scroll down that far will notice.  I intend to raise this matter with Phone Pay Plus as a potential breach of the current regulatory requirements.

idlehanz wrote on Dec 8th, 2009 at 6:14pm:
Strategically, it's probably to your benefit to maintain your 0871xxxx number(s) to keep some revinue streams and not upset the balance of your company so much. As otherwise I'm sure your customers will see the short fall added in small extra margins on products.

As to Idelhanz'c above comments I am afraid I do not agree that these days people do not wish to speak to call centres for advice and in reality they are usually also forced in to calling them because a website's FAQs often does not properly cover their issues (as with my issues on Ebuyers delivery methods) and/or an emailed query is not responded to within a reasonable time frame such as only a few hours. 

I am afraid that to me Idlehanz sounds like a card carrying apologist for the operators of call centres using 084/7 and especially 0844 and 0871 prefixed numbers all of whom always claim that most customers don't actually want to call them any more as one of their standard excuses for using these numbers.  But if that was actually true then why would it be necessary to charge a covert premium rate at all to either put customers off calling or to cover part of the cost of them calling if almost nobody uses the telephone to contact customers services any more Roll Eyes

I think Idlehanz is quite clearly in reality someone who does not like customers apart apparently from him/herself ringing call centres and who prefers to put them off doing so or charge extra for them doing so but faced with the prospect that a customer might not call at all (especially as this in case a sale might be lost) he perhaps grudgingly has to concede that the geographic alternative number being published on a site like www.saynoto0870.com that only NTS revenue share resistant customers will be aware of is a compromise he/she can live with.
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2012 at 3:56pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #79 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 3:51pm

sorry to dig up this thread again... does not look like it's been commented on for a while now..

while searching for a Hard Drive I looked at ebuyer and noticed they now have (not sure how long they've used it for) an 037 number instead of their 087 number.

Just wanted to advise it's: 0371 521 33 00 they have put that it's charged at "local rates" but I am giving them feedback (with Ofcom link) so they can hopefully amend it.  Smiley

It would also appear that the database needs updating to reflect this Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2014 at 3:52pm by CJT-80 »  

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #80 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 3:47pm

Just an additional note..

I contacted ebuyer via Facebook, and congratulated them for FINALLY changing numbers for Home Customer Services, but not yet for Business.

I also pointed out that they were advising incorrectly that the 03 number is charged at local rates.....

I got the following reply:

"thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback for us. Your comments in regards to us changing our customer support number are greatly received and I will pass them across to be reviewed further internally by the relevant department."

So lets see what happens...

Smiley

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge