Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
BBC Information 0870 010 0222 (Read 19,797 times)
jeremy ross

BBC Information 0870 010 0222
Jul 20th, 2004 at 1:53am

hi does anyone have the number for the BBC viewers enquiries? currently its 08700 100 222

numbers by CnW. and work  unusually from abroad

think its a bloomin cheek, that we have to pay this when we call them
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2005 at 9:30pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Re: BBC viewers Enquiries
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2004 at 2:07am

Doesn't anybody look in our lists of alternative numbers any more ?? Both of the following numbers have been in our lists for some time.   Roll Eyes

You can contact the BBC switchboard in London on
0207 5804468
which diverts through to
0208 7438000
out of hours, and I can confirm they have both been tested working OK.  Grin
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2004 at 12:19pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

jeremy ross

Re: BBC viewers inquiries
Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2004 at 1:35am

humble apologies

when you dial the  8743 8000 number, they tell you that the only number they have is the 0870 number, they have no other number and that no they can't transfer you cos its on a differenty switchboard. which is bollocks of course b/c with a VPN you can do practically anything you want...

so thats the crux of my question...

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Re: BBC viewers Enquiries
Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2004 at 12:18pm

Sorry but I tried my best for you. I can confirm that although the numbers mentioned EVERYWHERE say that those are the correct numbers for information, complaints, etc., the revised number is the 0870.   Undecided

Depending on what you want, you'll have to blagg it
nicely
through the switchboard, but have a look at the following link to media contact numbers which gives the email addresses as well.  Don't forget to let us know if you manage to find a revised number.

IP Logged

Alan.W

Reply #4 - Jul 31st, 2004 at 8:41pm

I got put thought by BBCsouth swichboard southapton I think on 02380 226201 by telling then i couldnt call 0870 numbers  Grin

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #5 - Jul 31st, 2004 at 10:33pm

A Google search of the BBC site gives the fax number: 0141 307 5770 (Glasgow). This page also has that fax number along with a telephone number which is 0141 307 5700. Give it a try, it might work!
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2004 at 10:34pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

BBC Information - 0870 010 0222
Reply #6 - Mar 15th, 2005 at 11:06pm

Surely someone somewhere at either the BBC in London or at Capita in Belfast must know the real geographic number for this major scam making BBC contact and enquiry centre number.

This number must take more than most other 0870 numbers in the country (it is quoted in every BT phonebook) yet no one seems to have the geographic alternative.

The main BBC switchboards at the television centre in London simply say they are unable to connect you to BBC Information.

But surely someone somewhere must know a real geographic Belfast number?

IP Logged

bill

Re: BBC Information - 0870 010 0222
Reply #7 - Mar 15th, 2005 at 11:13pm

Isn't it just Broadcasting House, Belfast?

BBC
Northern Ireland Main Centre
Broadcasting House
Ormeau Avenue
Belfast
BT2 8HQ

028  9033 8000

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Re: BBC Information - 0870 010 0222
Reply #8 - Mar 15th, 2005 at 11:24pm

Quote:
Isn't it just Broadcasting House, Belfast?

028  9033 8000

Bill you are a genius.  Why didn't I think of this when its listed at www.bt.com/directoryenquiries under BBC then a space (ridiculous BT website requirement for at least 4 letters) and Belfast.

I called and was expecting to be answered by the main switchboard at BBC Television Centre in London but no a cheery Belfast accent answered and in answer to my question could I be connected to BBC Information said "Yes I can put you through".  But I can't believe this isn't a change of policy following the You and Yours stuff.  I'm sure that 3 months ago they would have told me to redial 0870 010 0222?  I'm sure the ladies in London would have known about the Belfast switchboard number if this was possible say 2 years ago?

In any event I will add this to the listings straight away.  I can't understand no one else having already done this.  For instance you dear Bill?

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

BBC
Reply #9 - May 26th, 2006 at 9:39pm

I don't think there is a current thread about this but I wonder if anyone has any ideas.   The BBC, having changed the time of the third episode of "The Impressionsists" after our vidoeo had been set to record while we were on holiday, has managed to ensure that they then changed the start time and we have lost the first 20 minutes.   To add insult to injury, when I have used the numbers on this site to try and enquire if they are either going to re-show the series or release it on DVD, on all the numbers (and 0207 5804468 and 0208 7438000 lead the same same miserable, unhelpful man) I am just told I have to phone an 08700 number which I tell them I am not prepared to do.   This is odd as the 0207 number worked for something else on Wednesday.   Does anyone know if this is just a problem of an evening or have the staff just been instructed to be awkward?   Hope this makes sense but I am really angry at the moment while typing this.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: BBC
Reply #10 - May 27th, 2006 at 7:53am

There is a thread for BBC Information here
. Which particular 0870 number is it you have?

Edit by Dave: I have merged two threads on the same subject. The thread that this one refers to is this one.
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2006 at 11:14am by Dave »  

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #11 - May 27th, 2006 at 10:04am

Thanks, Dave.  I'm afraid I just told them I don't use 0870 nos rather than waiting for the person to give me the number.  I will try again during office hours as the day time staff in London seem much more helpful than the miserable man on duty yesterday evening.   Mind you, I did try Belfast as well who are ususally quite helpful and got the same "can't transfer you" - this man also tried to tell me it was a cheap call - I pointed out it had cost me nothing to call Belfast from Essex but would cost me a fortune to call 0870.... he was very surprised!

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #12 - May 30th, 2006 at 10:59am

Have been back in touch with the BBC this morning and they still won't put me through to Information.   They tell me that Information deals with "almost everything" to do with the BBC - comlpaints, scheduling, the lot and 0870 calls are "national calls from 8 ppm"!   The number they give is 08700 100222, I did try to google this but it just showed the same number.   Th switchboard can, however, put you through to the BBC shop!!   I have, accordingly, made an official complaint on the BBC website, pointing out among other things that they have a public service remit (also complaining that it won't let me save my complaint to file!), I don't expect any sensible response and I suppose I will have to get a friend to phone this number from a work number to get the information but they have obviously tightened up in the last few months because I know when I rang earlier this year about whether a film would be re-shown, someone in Belfast did help.

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Miami, Florida, United States
Re: BBC Information 0870 010 0222
Reply #13 - May 30th, 2006 at 11:41pm

You'll find it hard to get anything sensible from the Beeb - essentially it does what Capita tells it to do wrt premium numbers. The whole sordid mess is one big devious scandal perpetrated by Capita and seemingly endorsed by the BBC. See http://www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1116870168 to see a carefully crafted BBC/Capita FOI response. If you search the Beeb's FOI web site, there are a number of other FOI-related responses regarding 0870 etc. I suspect your best bet, as with all of these rip-offs, is to pursue through your MP. He/She will eventually get fed up with 0870 and perhaps pressure the body that shoulod be taking action (ie Ofcom) into getting off its fat corporate backside and doing something. It may take months, years, but that is the only real hope. This could only happen in Britain.

As from November 21, 2013, I no longer participate in the forum and am unable to receive private messages.

IP Logged

wacs

BBC Information Line 0870 0 100 222
Reply #14 - Jul 20th, 2006 at 10:53am

Hi, does anyone know (or can find out) the Belfast based geographical number for the  BBC information line. (as listed on this webpage http://www.bbcgovernors.co.uk/haveyoursay/index.html - see further down the page on the right hand side)

An entry on www.saynoto0870.com ; (filed simply under "BBC") states that  "0870 0100xxx numbers can be replaced by 028 9033 8xxx (with xxx being the last three digits of the 0870 number)".  This may be true of other numbers however is incorrect information for the "BBC information line".

If you dial the number 028 9033 8222 it takes you through to "Technical Queries", who put you through to a switchboard who have perhaps cottoned onto the existence of this site's listings and will not put you through to the information line, and actually state that they will not give a reason why.

I did manage to get out of the person I spoke to that this 0870 number IS indeed in Belfast, but they seem to have been advised not to transfer any calls, and will only provide you with an 0870 number and ask you to redial.

Since 08700 100 222 is the information line for virtually all BBC enquiries that have anything to do with TV or Radio regarding questions and comments, I wonder if someone could be kind enough to do a bit of research or digging to find out, I have done my best this far. (And it could help countless others, too...)

Thanks!  Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge