Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Phone and fax numbers for Zim UK? (Read 8,954 times)
Adam

Phone and fax numbers for Zim UK?
Oct 4th, 2004 at 12:11pm

http://www.zimepl.com/contact/contact.html

This company sends reverse-billed (rip-off) SMS messages and then provides only 0870 phone and fax numbers.  My web searches have failed.  (To add to the confusion there is also a "Zim Shipping Company" in London.)  Has anyone else been able to get geographical phone or fax numbers?

IP Logged

pauld

Newport, South Wales
Re: Phone and fax numbers for Zim UK?
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2004 at 6:22pm

Sorry, I am not able to help you with a geo number, but I had this same problem with a company called sms.ac in June. They were bombarding me with texts and charging me a fortune to receive them.  As sms.ac are based in San Diego, I wasn't prepared to call them, even though it's cheaper than calling 0870!. 

I called o2 on their 0113 and told them that I had spoken to someone on their 0906 number but they couldn't help, and they connected me with complaints.  I told them I was not happy receiving texts and being charged.  To cut a long story short, o2 managed blocked SMS from sent from sms.ac to my phone.  Even though it took a couple of days for them to stop, I've not received any texts from them since June 7th.

Your provider can block incoming sms - even though at first they try and fob you off by saying they can't.  Apparently it's easier to block them if they are UK based, but if they are international it takes a little longer.  Give then a ring, you've nothing to lose!

IP Logged

Adam

Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2004 at 6:32pm

I was getting messages from sms.ac through Zim.  I managed to get the messages stopped by faxing Zim but now I want to complain about the cost of faxing Zim's 0870 number and having to phone them (0870 again) several times to get them to fix their fax machine (which was answering the phone but not picking up).

Orange claims it can't block these messages but this is obviously a lie since other companies can do it.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #3 - Oct 4th, 2004 at 6:42pm

Have a look at Grumbletext. "Zim" only brings up 2 hits.

IP Logged

Adam

Reply #4 - Oct 4th, 2004 at 9:28pm

http://www.zimepl.com/products/premium_sms/faq.html

Interesting.  Zim requires of its customers (the companies that issue the messages) "3. Users must be able to easily cancel the service via SMS message, e-mail or a toll free telephone number." but hypocritically gives only quasi-premium numbers on its own website.

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Reply #5 - Oct 4th, 2004 at 11:05pm

Does this (quasi-premium) not break the ICSTIS rules?

I do not know. I only ask. Reasoning that someone will know more and better.

IP Logged

Adam

Reply #6 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 8:10am

[quote author=Tanllan  link=1096888280/0#5 date=1096927521]Does this (quasi-premium) not break the ICSTIS rules?[/quote]

By "quasi-premium" I mean 0870, which ICSTIS doesn't care about.

IP Logged

Catz

Reply #7 - Feb 12th, 2005 at 3:16am

Quote:
http://www.zimepl.com/contact/contact.html

This company sends reverse-billed (rip-off) SMS messages and then provides only 0870 phone and fax numbers.  My web searches have failed.  (To add to the confusion there is also a "Zim Shipping Company" in London.)  Has anyone else been able to get geographical phone or fax numbers?

ZIM is "ZIM Corporation" and is a legitimate company, HQ in Canada as well as having a branch in the UK it has one in Brazil. 

It is a public company - Website: "ZIM Corporation is a public company that is quoted on the, NASDAQ owned and operated, Over the Counter Bulletin Board (OTCBB) under the symbol ZIMCF."

You can read about it at http://www.zim.biz/investorrelations/index.html
  www.zim.biz

You are calling and faxing a UK number.   Wink

IP Logged

Adam

Reply #8 - Feb 13th, 2005 at 8:11pm

Quote:
You are calling and faxing a UK number.   Wink

An 0870 number for which I pay a higher rate and from which the receiver makes a profit.  That is the whole point of this website!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Forum Admin, Dave, bbb_uk, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge