Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ofcon consultations - setting up a link (Read 5,382 times)
kk

Ofcon consultations - setting up a link
Nov 21st, 2004 at 12:41pm

Would it be possible to set up to this web site so that members (or anyone) can send to Ofcom a response to a particular consultation.  I am thinking on the lines of having dedicated buttons on the web site that allow members to write a response to a particular consultation.  At the moment we have two consultations on 0870 numbers.  A dedicated button to allow members to make a general complaint to Ofcom may help to counter Ofcoms assertion that they get few complains on the subject of 0870  0871 and 0845 numbers. 

I may be mistaken, but I feel that the tide may be turning against non geographical numbers, so it is important to keep the pressure up and help channel our members view to Ofcom.

KK

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Re: Ofcon consultations - setting up a link
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2004 at 1:18pm

Or certainly to the consultation(s) - so that it can not be argued that the site has merely offered a standard reply form for readers to use without studying the consultation document and formulating a considered response... Wink

IP Logged

dorf
Supreme Member

I hate Qs on Premium NGNs

UK
Re: Ofcon consultations - setting up a link
Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2004 at 7:43pm

You can do all of this easily via the campaign site:
http://www.freeweb.telco4u.net/rachelf ; . This makes it easier to send consultation responses, particularly for those who do not have the time or inclination to read through the verbose and lengthy Ofcom documents. You are offered templates which you can easily edit to submit your response in the exact Ofcom preferred form as a Word for Windows file attached to an e-mail.

You can thus submit a considered response from the campaign site, since there are also direct links to the Ofcom documents if you want to read them and by editing what you presumably mean as the "standard forms" you can easily produce "considered responses" to both consultations in a much shorter time than it would take you in isolation.
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2004 at 7:47pm by dorf »  

Ofcom are completely ineffectual

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Dave, DaveM, Forum Admin, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge