Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm compiling a list of........................... (Read 6,647 times)
islandman

uk
I'm compiling a list of...........................
Jan 9th, 2005 at 4:59pm

I am currently compiling a list of what I refer to as "Usefull Numbers" which will be easily available in an emergency rather than sort through wades of documents. This list will contain the names of banks/insurance/isp etc.

So far, with the assistance of this site, I've managed to obtain so many regional numbers. However one or two have evaded me and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Although I have got the Halifax credit card regional No, as yet I can't find the Lost & Stolen number or the Current account number. Maybe the one listed "serves all" ?

As I intend moving isp to Fast4net and will require them to talk me through the change over/set-up, I'd dearly like their regional number.

Please don't sigh and say, "ello, another bloomin newbie wants his hand holding". Just a bit of guidence please. islandman.

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Re: I'm compiling a list of.......................
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2005 at 5:13pm

Have a look in this site's "Search to find an alternative number". There is nearly a page full of HBOS numbers.

Do any of them match your requirements?

IP Logged

islandman

uk
Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2005 at 9:47am

I've tried a couple of the numbers from the alternative numbers thread, one was to a scottish bank the other for on-line problems. I've resorted to the regional number which is incorrect, and they put me through. I'd still like to be able to access the lost/stolen plus current account regional numbers though.

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #3 - Jan 13th, 2005 at 6:35pm

Just in case you didn't know (& I'm not being patronising here) Halifax was merged with the Bank of Scotland (a Scottish bank !) and are now HBOS. They amalgamated their services and obviously reduced the overlapping departments & staff.

Halifax Card services are managed by BoS from Scotland (see statement). Look on the back of the card for the
Lost & Stolen
number,
029 20446001
, which can also be used for Account Services. I know that for definite - I use it !!   Grin

IP Logged

islandman

uk
Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2005 at 8:39am

Thanks Dave M8. If I did know about the merger, then clearly I'd either forgotten or it hadn't registered.  I can now add this number to my list of "Usefull Numbers" which will be readily available if and when I need them.

Currently, it appears someone has fraudently used my wife's card. After paying for goods via debit card, the next transaction was a purchase with the card of £1.84 and cashback of £50. It would appear the cashier had somehow retained info.

The store say they will have either a forged signature or a blank slip. By chance we had OUR receipt, which identifies the till/cashier/time etc ho ho ho. That's why I'm on the phone to Halifax. islandman

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Dave, bbb_uk, DaveM, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge