<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Tiny.com (Read 16,819 times)
jkingscott

Tiny.com
Jan 11th, 2005 at 8:30pm

Now... do these lovely people have a different number I can use?  ???

IP Logged

bill
Ex Member

Re: Tiny.com
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2005 at 10:07pm

Time Computers (Tiny.com) / 0870 8303116 / 01282 684516 / 0800 771107

Time Computers (Tiny.com) 0906 5580234 / 01282 684734 - Technical support (PC products) 24hr

Time Computers (Tiny.com) 0870 8303229 / 01282 684729 - Technical support (24hr) also for 0906 5580234

Time Computers (Tiny.com) 0906 5580233 / 01282 684733 - Software Assistance support

Tiny.com (Time Computers) 0906 5580237 / 01282 684737 - Technical Support (non PC products)

Tiny.com (Time Computers) 0906 5580232 / 01282 684732 - Technical support (PC products) see 0906 5580234

Tiny.com (Time Computers) 0906 5580234 / 01282 684734 - Technical support (PC products) 24hr

N.B.
I can take no praise for simply finding the above information on THIS site and ask that readers take note of DaveM's post hereunder - wherein he makes it clear that HE and HE ALONE was responsible for obtaining the numbers.  However, rather than inserting a pedantic "search the site for the information" reply, cutting and pasting the information requested seemed sensible to me.

Nevertheless, this footnote is added to clarify the origin of the information and to ensure that DaveM rightly receives the 'koodos' (sic) he so richly deserves.
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2005 at 2:03pm by bill »  

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ˇ

Peterborough
Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2005 at 12:00am

John

A bit more information on what your looking for would not go amiss next time thanks. Working in the dark is not impossible but my crystal ball is broke !
See the entry in the
Site Related
forum on "Guide to finding geographical numbers" which will help you a lot.

Thanks for listing them Bill but now tell the poor guy the truth about where you got them - Lips Sealed

They are mostly numbers that I researched and put into the database myself, so don't try to take all the praise yourself. The fact that I demolished their well planned premium rate system in one foul swoop is beside the point !
Let the rest of us have some koodos as well !!   8)

May I suggest next time you point them to the database - it will save you that tiring typing
(
etc.
)
  Grin

IP Logged

jkingscott

Reply #3 - Feb 4th, 2005 at 3:09pm

Thanks!
Sorry - I haven't checked the forum for ages. I did do a search - Tiny didn't seem to be listed. Smiley

IP Logged

jkingscott

Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2005 at 5:40pm

sorry - none of the numbers work!!

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ˇ

Peterborough
Reply #5 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 2:26am

I don't know where you were searching but Tiny have been in the Database for ages.

Please note that contrary to your assertion above that . . . .
Quote:
sorry - none of the numbers work!!
  . . . . I would suggest that you try them again.

I immediately rang EVERY one of those listed above & I can assure you that they STILL WORK. I talked to the Support guys and they confirmed I was talking to a real person and not an echo.

I don't know who you rang or what you rang with (you didn't explain why they didn't work) but we must have been using different systems to do it  Undecided

IP Logged

jkingscott

Reply #6 - Feb 11th, 2005 at 8:03am

not flaming or anything.... its my brother who needed the number... Apparently they were ringing out, except one which   refered him to the 0960 number. But i they do work he must be doing something wrong (God knows how!?)  Roll Eyes
Customer service seems a bit pants so he might not be going back to them anyway!

Tar

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ˇ

Peterborough
Reply #7 - Feb 14th, 2005 at 11:31pm

When I first rang (ALL) the numbers, some of them rang out also but I persevered & eventually got through.

I can tell you they do work. What you have to remember is that there are many numbers (I tested and found them all) that the 0870/0906 connect to, and the numbers shown may be only one of several. The 0870/0906 however also connects to the next available/free number. A lot of people do not realise that the alternative we give may also be busy as it's only one of the many.

It's just a case of
suck it & see
I'm afraid  Undecided

IP Logged

Smasher

UK
Reply #8 - Mar 23rd, 2005 at 1:48pm

Hello  Grin

Just tried to contact the Tiny.com 24hr tech support line but the number in the site's database (01282 684734) doesn't appear to be the one for the 24HR line.  I received a recorded message saying that the offices were closed - great for a 24/7 department!!

I have tried all the 01282 numbers listed but none of them appear to be linked to the 24 hr support line.  Hope webmaster reads this to amend the database!

I'm only really home after 6pm so the 01282 number for the 24hr support would be fantastic if anyone could obtain it for me  Grin

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #9 - Mar 23rd, 2005 at 1:51pm

Quote:
I'm only really home after 6pm so the 01282 number for the 24hr support would be fantastic if anyone could obtain it for me  Grin 

Try ringing other neighbouring numbers with the same prefix. That's most probably how these numbers were found in the first place.

Maybe the out of hours support is run from somewhere else, another call centre, for example. Therefore, unles we know where this is, we're not gonna find the numbers.
Undecided

IP Logged

Smasher

UK
Reply #10 - Mar 23rd, 2005 at 1:54pm

Thanks for that - I actually thought about phoning neighbouring numbers, as most of them in the database seem to be 01282 6847xx.  I'll have a bash and let you guys know  8)

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #11 - Mar 23rd, 2005 at 2:00pm

Quote:
Thanks for that - I actually thought about phoning neighbouring numbers, as most of them in the database seem to be 01282 6847xx.  I'll have a bash and let you guys know  8)

It might be worth letting us know which ones you have done, what the results were, ie out of service, fax, answered etc and what time you rung them. That way if someone else wishes to try some more, they won't be covering the same ground.  Wink

IP Logged

Smasher

UK
Reply #12 - Mar 23rd, 2005 at 10:32pm

I have news... unfortunately, bad news Cry

I have tried all numbers from:

01282 6847xx --> 15 - 50. 

Most of these numbers appear to link to the numbers already listed in the site database.  Still no luck with finding the 24 hour number. 

One of the numbers was a fax but the rest were either "not in use" or the same as the ones already known. 

Anyone have any idea where the 24hr call centre is located??  I'm still in an investigative mood 8)  Someone else may have the energy to dial more random numbers Wink

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ˇ

Peterborough
Reply #13 - Mar 23rd, 2005 at 11:44pm

Just a quick comment here.

The numbers were OK at the time I checked them (late evening) & again when I confirmed them above. Ringing the 24hr helpline now gives the message to ring during working hours, so I guess that someone has seen the postings or has sussed that someone was bypassing the 0906 number. They will have a statistics monitor so that's not difficult to do.

Any details required on numbers checked let me know, & please pass on your results for my logfile (I keep details of most of the companies I've researched).   Grin

IP Logged

Smasher

UK
Reply #14 - Apr 9th, 2005 at 8:48pm

Quote:
When I first rang (ALL) the numbers, some of them rang out also but I persevered & eventually got through.

I can tell you they do work. What you have to remember is that there are many numbers (I tested and found them all) that the 0870/0906 connect to, and the numbers shown may be only one of several. The 0870/0906 however also connects to the next available/free number. A lot of people do not realise that the alternative we give may also be busy as it's only one of the many.

It's just a case of
suck it & see
I'm afraid  Undecided

If a number is busy, how likely is it that it will free up and actually start ringing?? I ask because I've been trying one of the Tiny Support numbers [01282 684729] for a long time and every time it is always engaged... Undecided

And these "other available numbers"... how can these be found?? I've tried the neighbouring numbers but no joy Cry

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, CJT-80, Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge