Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
3p for a call of any length to USA,Germany,Canada (Read 16,989 times)
bill
Ex Member

3p for a call of any length to USA,Germany,Canada
Jan 26th, 2005 at 9:49pm

FROM A REGISTERED BT LANDLINE
(see HERE).

e-mail received 26/1/05 from call1899.co.uk:

Quote:
Dear customer,

Call any landline in the following countries for 3p per call!!
-Canada
-Germany
-UK
-USA

You will only pay our 3p connection fee per call and NO charge per minute!

So, talk as long as you like for only 3p per call.
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2005 at 10:26pm by bill »  

IP Logged

andy9
Supreme Member

Re: 3p for a call of any length to USA,Germany,Can
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2005 at 1:02pm

Not only that, they're beta-testing voip at the moment.

If they keep the same prices, you'll able to call home from abroad from wi-fi access for 3p

IP Logged

cranhill

Leicestershire
Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2005 at 10:40am

Hi, I use OneTel and my calls to the USA are 2p a minute.  The free upgrade is called 'International Caller' 
You have all your calls listed on-line the day after making the call. You can then check the cost of the call you made. John

IP Logged

bill
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 4th, 2005 at 11:13am

Quote:
Hi, I use OneTel and my calls to the USA are 2p a minute.  The free upgrade is called 'International Caller'  
You have all your calls listed on-line the day after making the call. You can then check the cost of the call you made. John

I think you may have misread my post cranhill.

call1899.co.uk’s new charge of 3p for calls to USA, Canada and Germany is the TOTAL COST OF THE CALL – not a ‘per minute’ charge.  BTW, once registered, your itemised bill is available online within an hour of any call.

Even ignoring 1899, there are as number of ways of calling the USA for less than the 2p per minute you are paying OneTel.  Here are four: Quote:
Telestunt 1p/min (08448613636)
Ratebuster 1p/min (08447202020)
Telesavers 1p/min (08448615252) 
CheapestCalls 1p/min (08448611313)

IP Logged

cranhill

Leicestershire
Reply #4 - Feb 4th, 2005 at 11:43am

Hi, Sorry, yes you are correct I should have read it more carefully . I have just now joined 1899, I cannot understand how they can charge this price and make a profit . Thanks for the info. John

IP Logged

Wally

Reply #5 - Feb 5th, 2005 at 10:32am

Every time I try to register for 1899.com, the page appers to be loading for the registration process and then appears to 'hang'. Anyboby else have a simlar problem? Angry

IP Logged

islandman

uk
Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2005 at 10:55pm

Cranhill, so you are wondering how 1899 can make a profit out of 3p only calls ?, well get your head round this. I like many others, telephone every evening and weekends to landlines and have done for months and yet it hasn't cost me a penny !,

Howcome ?, well like you I've registered with 1899, but also I've registered with talktalk and currently by joining them whilst their £4.99 monthly fee has been abolished, you get to call free evenings and weekends. In case you wonder how THEY make money, well they simply hope you use them during the day when charges are in operation.

Whilst we're in saving mode, why not register with 18866 as well, that way it only costs 1p to connect and then talk free. You use this Mon-Fri 8am 6pm.

Now what do you say to that ?

IP Logged

islandman

uk
Reply #7 - Feb 7th, 2005 at 1:12pm

I keep looking to see if Cranhill has responded to the info.

IP Logged

cranhill

Leicestershire
Reply #8 - Feb 7th, 2005 at 2:07pm

Hi, I have all my calls routed via OneTel which means I get weekend calls for free. Since joining this group I have joined 1899 for my USA calls and 18866 for my UK calls. I will look into TalkTalk as well but it's getting complicated.  Thanks for all the help. John

IP Logged

dorf
Supreme Member

I hate Qs on Premium NGNs

UK
Reply #9 - Feb 7th, 2005 at 9:54pm

Cranhill,

I don't think you can get that tarrif any more on Talk Talk. I too have it for one year, but I think the offer has expired.

The best overall strategy now is probably 18866 for UK calls to landlines and some others, and 1899 for calls to Canada, USA etc. You have to pick and mix the best rates from the two of them. Unless your call volumes are exceptionally high (as e.g. high business levels) you probably won't be able to beat that mix at present with any inclusive tarrif.

Ofcom are completely ineffectual

IP Logged

bill
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Feb 9th, 2005 at 10:52am

Quote:
I don't think you can get that tarrif any more on Talk Talk. I too have it for one year, but I think the offer has expired.

TalkTalk's February special is Talk1+ (on which the usual £4.99/month charge is waived for 12 months) gives free evening and weekend calls to UK 01/02 numbers.

However, the almost identical new OneTel LeisureUKTalk offer (for new subscribers only) gives a £20 call credit and has more flexibility because, after 12 months of the £3.99/month charge being refunded, you can switch (online or by phone) to the subscription-free StandardUKTalk package - and retain free weekend calls.

IP Logged

islandman

uk
Reply #11 - Feb 9th, 2005 at 10:51pm

Cranhill, provided you don't mind a bit of head searching, it is my understanding that you can have as many providers as you wish. What will happen is that when you get your BT bill, besides landline charges, you'll get calls charged through whichever router you've chosen and you pay via your bt bill.

Of course, you need not register with any other companies if you so choose, there are unlimited providers that you can use without registering.

IP Logged

cranhill

Leicestershire
Reply #12 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 8:09am

Hi, Thanks for your info. I have all my calls routed via OneTel so I get free weekend calls. I also now use 1899 for my overseas calls and 18866 for UK calls. These numbers do not appear on my OneTel bill. I am sure that 1899 and 18866 must be the same company as their small print and layout is the same.

IP Logged

islandman

uk
Reply #13 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 8:31am

Yes Cranhill, it seems we are identical in that we both use this line of procedure. But instead of using onetel, I'm with talktalk.  It is also my understanding that 18866 1899 are indeed the same company, I know they are both located in Switerland, probably under the same roof.  I don't know how long you've been with these two, but they will take the monthly amount you owe them from your account, BUT it seems, only when it's worthwhile. I've read that some people haven't had theirs taken because it was less than a £.

Dont know if it's my imagination, but I seem to be using my phone a hell of a lot since its only 1p for any lenght of call. islandman

IP Logged

bill
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 10:32am

Quote:
Hi, Thanks for your info. I have all my calls routed via OneTel so I get free weekend calls. I also now use 1899 for my overseas calls and 18866 for UK calls.

Same here but, having just received my OneTel bill, I looked at the list of my free weekend calls last month.  33 calls (looking back a few more months, that appears to be about the average).

If I'd just made those calls via 18866, that would have cost me a massive 33p.

OK, the Scottish ancestry dictates I should continue but, 33p for goodness sake!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, DaveM, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge