Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cheapest calls FROM South Korea? (Read 6,987 times)
Wally

Cheapest calls FROM South Korea?
Feb 15th, 2005 at 11:00pm

I have a mate who's in South Korea for a couple of years. I have found a great rate to call him (1p/minute via a 0207 number:Moredial.com if anyone is interested) and have passed it on to all of his family. My question is, though, does anyone know of any cheap ways for him to dial back to England? Thanks.
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2005 at 11:00pm by Wally »  

IP Logged

andy9
Supreme Member

Re: Cheapest calls FROM South Korea?
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2005 at 12:12am

Probably with a callback service; dial an access number then it calls back with a dialling tone. This takes advantage of asymmetric rates (cheaper in one direction than the other). What do you count as cheap for it to compete with?

IP Logged

Wally

Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2005 at 8:57am

I'll have to check with him but I know his dad was paying at least 45p/minute with good ol' BT. I found that he could do it for 1p/minute and now they are made up. I would think that the cost for him to call from South Korea would be in the order of 45p/minute. Any less than that would be a bonus. I found a VOIP service that works out at 3p/minute. However, I'm not sure how reliable/easy to use that this sort of service would be. Any thoughts?

IP Logged

andy9
Supreme Member

Reply #3 - Feb 16th, 2005 at 10:10am

If you're talking of voip, you could install Skype or SIP phone at both ends and make the calls for free.

Callback is in single figures range

IP Logged

Wally

Reply #4 - Feb 16th, 2005 at 4:42pm

I don't think it is an option to have to install things at both ends. He has to do a bit of ringing around I think because he let out his house in England and so has to sort various bits out concerning it. I read somewhere on http://www.voipfone.co.uk that this VOIP could be done over the normal telephone network. The initiation of the call would have to be done via a PC but then the two phones would ring and away you go. He would have to pick up the tab for the two legs of the call, ie. Service- South Korea & Sevice - UK. I totted it up to make 3p/minute. Not a bad rate I didn't think.
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2005 at 4:43pm by Wally »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, CJT-80, DaveM, Forum Admin, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge