Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
British Airports Authority (Read 20,496 times)
jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Re: British Airports Authority
Reply #15 - Feb 26th, 2005 at 3:40pm

Quote:
It is standard practice with most organisations to use non-geographic numbers, as it means that everyone is charged the same price to call us.
Otherwise people are who are not in the local area to Gatwick would be charged more for calling us than someone within the local area.

I would like to apologise if you do not agree with this policy but we have to consider the needs of all our passengers which I am sure you can imagine is a very difficult task.

Whenever I see a reply in this vein I wonder, do they really believe this, are they aware that BT and almost all operators charge the same for local and national calls (and have done for quite a while now), and are they aware of the revenue sharing?

Of course, an 0870 number is in the interests of none of their customers. The only party that benefits is BAA.

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Miami, Florida, United States
Reply #16 - Feb 26th, 2005 at 4:06pm

Quote:
Whenever I see a reply in this vein I wonder, do they really believe this, are they aware that BT and almost all operators charge the same for local and national calls (and have done for quite a while now), and are they aware of the revenue sharing?
BAA is lying. I had a long conversation with a BAA 'manager' last year and he admitted 0870 revenue was used to offset the running costs of the service. He didn't really have an answer for the difficulty faced by callers from overseas other than they can use the web site. The manager had a very good understanding of NGNs and 0870 and how they operated. I have tried to complain to the CAA who referred me to the AUC, a part of the CAA that deals with the public. The AUC will not entertain my complaint as I am not a UK resident! What kind of service is this?! Just because I don't live in the UK doesn't mean that I can't complain about a service. I am raising this with my MP - as a registered overseas voter, I am entitled to representation. I suggest anyone who feels strongly about this writes to the CAA, AUC and the Department of Transport pointing out that, for a BT customer with International Option, it is cheaper to call Auckland airport, JFK airport and Sydney airport than it is to call Heathrow, Gatwick or Stansted airport during the weekend daytime. When will the idiots at Ofcom wake up to this fact? It's a shame that FOI doesn't apply to the likes of BAA - they exist to serve us, the public, yet they can hide behind these rip-off numbers.

As from November 21, 2013, I no longer participate in the forum and am unable to receive private messages.

IP Logged

sa0001

Reply #17 - Mar 1st, 2005 at 11:06pm

All BAA Gatwick numbers begin 01293 50xxxx - therefore ask for the internal extention number of the phone you want as they all have DDI's.

Internally the switchboard is 100 - i'm assuming you've tried the obvious 500100 and 500000.

Baa also have a head office in london, Business Support and Heathrow, Stanstead etc. Don't ring the wrong person or use random ext's but the switchboard is just that, once you know which dept it is and have spoken to them once, people you speak to reguarly will have a geographic number - so whats the problem.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, bbb_uk, Dave, CJT-80, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge