SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
1899 (Read 8,645 times)
reggie

Feb 17th, 2005 at 6:27pm

I dialled a call today to a French landline number that I have called frequently in the past as was a bit surprised to hear that the call cost 3p per minute,as opposed to the 1p I was expecting. I looked on the website and found that calls to landlines in France are 1p per minute so I sent them an email pointing out this discrepancy. I got a reply very speedily assuring me that the calls were indeed 1p per minute. I thereupon called the numbeer on 2 separate occasions this afternoon, same voice messsage. I then looked at my detailed invoice and found that I havve been charged 3p per minute. I have emailed them again and will let you know what transpires. Has anyone else had a similar experience

IP Logged

brainbox

Re: 1899
Reply #1 - Feb 17th, 2005 at 10:35pm

I also called France today and was charged 3p / minute. Despite having heard the message, it was not until I read your post I realised the discrepancy. I too will email them.
Thanks for pointing it out.

IP Logged

reggie

Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2005 at 12:36pm

I'm glad it's not just me. I haven't yet had a reply from 1899 but today I dialled 1899 option 6 which is to get the tariff. They ask you to dial the number you want to reach and the answer comes back unequivocally that the call is to France and costs 1p per minute.Shows how important it is to have the tariff message  when you dial.

IP Logged

reggie

Reply #3 - Feb 19th, 2005 at 11:01am

Keeping you up to date on this. I note that today the message is back to 1p/minute but I have had no response as yet to my email nor has my account been credited with the excess charges.

IP Logged

lily

Reply #4 - Feb 28th, 2005 at 6:38pm

I am trying to register with 1899.  However, instead of an email confirming my registration I get the following message: "due to lack of capacity it is currently not possible to register".  Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, for how long?

IP Logged

reggie

Reply #5 - Mar 1st, 2005 at 10:52am

I have today received a response from 1899 concerning the calls made to France on the 17th of Feb. This is it

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your email.

The tariff message played before each call is always correct. It is possible that the tariff
message differs from the charges on our website or other publications due to special offers.
In these cases, the free tariff message is always the correct tariff.

Please check the calls to France on 17 February 2005 were charged at 3p/min and now it has
been changed to 1p/min again.

We hope this has answered your question.

So please beware, listen to the tariff message because that is what you will be charged.. never mind what the website says!! I presume this is also true of 18866 since they are , I believe, run by the same organisation

IP Logged

dorf
Supreme Member

I hate Qs on Premium NGNs

UK
Reply #6 - Mar 1st, 2005 at 4:20pm

Yes I also have had this problem. I have discovered that usually if the announced rate is wrong, if you clear down and call the same number again immediately it usually comes up with the right rate. Strange that?

Ofcom are completely ineffectual

IP Logged

reggie

Reply #7 - Mar 1st, 2005 at 7:13pm

That was not my experience. I even 'phoned 1899 got the recorded thingy one of the options was to get a rate, I had dial up the number I wanted to call and the automated message said it was 1p/minute, yet I kept getting the 3p tariff message all day.I think someone goofed there and they haven't the guts to admit. I know we are only talking about an overcharge of less than 50 p but it is a question of principle.. It is very disappointing that they should react in this way.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, CJT-80, Dave, DaveM, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge