Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Abbey customer Services @  Milton Keynes (Read 7,478 times)
majfran

Abbey customer Services @  Milton Keynes
Apr 11th, 2005 at 12:11pm

Does anyone know the phone number for the Abbey at Milton Keynes please? I have the 0870 607 6000 number which takes up to three minutes before you speak to a real person.
This number is not listed on the Say No site.
Regards Mick Clements

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ˇ

Peterborough
Re: Abbey customer Services @  Milton Keynes
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 3:39pm

You don't say which service you require Customer services for !   Undecided

The number you have given is the Insurance one, but again we've no idea which part - Domestic or Life.

We have a few numbers for these in the database, depending on whether it's sales or customer services.

Are you getting the general idea yet that you haven't given us sufficient information ??   Roll Eyes

Life insurance Customer services (ISA's, PEPs, Unit trusts, etc.) can be reached on 0845 7413002,
0141 2758000
The main switchboard & Head Office address may be in Milton Keynes but most dept's are elsewhere, so is Glasgow near enough to for you !?  The other insurance numbers are in the database listing under Abbey.   Grin

IP Logged

majfran

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 5:09pm

Dear DaveM,
I do think you are being ever so slightly superior in your response to my request for information.The only info I could gleen from my correspondence with the Abbey was that I was in touch with their Customer Services at the address on the letter which was in Milton Keynes, had they been in Glasgow I am sure the letter heading would have been different.
If it will assist you obtaining the correct number then I am in negotiations with the Abbey's customer Services re a mis-sold endowment policy. How you classify endowments - insurance - of which part is life and part investment and part may be an  insurance policy I do not know.
Regards
Mick Clements

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ˇ

Peterborough
Reply #3 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 1:18am

It wasn't a case of me being superior ! I was merely pointing out that your request was anomalous & that

you haven't given us sufficient information

Now that you've told us it's about
Quote:
a mis-sold endowment policy
which I think you could say comes under
ISA's, PEPs, Unit trusts, etc.
, try
0141 2758000

IP Logged

majfran

Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 10:26am

DaveM,
Sorry to be such a pain but if this sort of info is required before a single request for the alternative to one entered phone number then it should be asked for on the opening page instead of this protracted method.
By the way the number you gave was for the Glasgow area when I told you that the office I wanted was located in the Milton keynes area.
Abbey have now sent me a freephone number from which they can connect you to any of their offices  :- 0800 731 7774 available Monday to Saturday 0700hrs to 2300hrs.
Perhaps this could be entered on the site for the benefit of all.
Regards
Mick Clements

IP Logged

bill

Reply #5 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 2:07pm

Quote:
Abbey have now sent me a freephone number from which they can connect you to any of their offices  :- 0800 731 7774 available Monday to Saturday 0700hrs to 2300hrs.
Perhaps this could be entered on the site for the benefit of all.
Regards
Mick Clements

Which is already on the database:
Quote:
Abbey (Groupo Santander) - 0800 7317774 - Customer services, Banking, Account enquiries - will transfer to other depts.

But you obviously missed it when (if) you searched.

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ˇ

Peterborough
Reply #6 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 2:32pm

I still don't think you get this yet do you Mick !     Undecided

We are NOT Psychics, miracle workers, or privvy to unpublished information. Everything we pass on is just what we can find through various sources that are available to EVERYONE with an internet connection, using our experience, common sense and resourcefulness. We provide a FREE service and request that you realise this and how we go about it is important.

That is why we have the entry ** Before posting, please read this for tips ** at the top of the Geographical Requests forum, which gives beginners like yourself details of how to go about requesting information and points you to another informative post by Dave, who is a moderator like myself.

If you had taken the time & trouble to read this and also look in our Database, you would probably have noticed some of the things I've mentioned. Also that we've had that 0800 number in our database for quite some time.

When Companies change their Geographic number and then go to 08**/090* without ever releasing the new Geo number, there is NO WAY on earth that we will ever find it (
without insider information
).

And for your information, the number that I gave you I rang & checked with them, is for the whole of UK & not just the Glasgow area.   Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, CJT-80, DaveM, bbb_uk, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge