Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ringtone Ripoff.Jamster offer 0870 Helpline. (Read 21,802 times)
bigjohn
Supreme Member

Ringtone Ripoff.Jamster offer 0870 Helpline.
May 8th, 2005 at 3:53pm

The Mail on Sunday have been conducting  a campaign re the Ring Tone rip off scenario.Jamba T/a Jamster
gleefully announce they are launching a helpline,but yes you have guessed its on 0870 (0870 123 3185).

The Mail in there article claim that calls are charged at National Rate.Not only do the punters get ripped off on the ringtones, they get ripped off when ringing the helpline.

See page 43 Mail  on Sunday.

BJ.

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Re: Ringtone Ripoff.Jamster offer 0870 Helpline.
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2005 at 3:07pm

I emailed Phillip Whiteside at the Mail on Sunday the journalist responsible for the campaign. He tells me that Jamster answer the calls in Germany,hence the offering of the 0870 no as opposed to a german one.

He promised to have alook at this site.A useful guy to have on our side.

BJ.

IP Logged

liam.ryan

Telford
Jamster Prices
Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2005 at 7:11pm

any comments on Jamster,
ive had an 0870 number which directs me to berlin the company called jamba has another expensive numberm from uk
any comments??
comments please,
i will be feeding a press report back to jamster customer services UK

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Re: Jamster Prices
Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2005 at 7:59am

If you want to get comments about Jamster go to

www.grumbletext.co.uk ;    and search under jamster.Happy reading!!!

BJ.

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 8th, 2005 at 7:11pm

But surely to become a customer of Jamster in the first place you must have pound notes in your wallet that you don't need and are desperate to find a way to dispose of?  So you would naturally expect to be ripped of by them in every respect, whereas one cannot say the same of one's normal dealing with the Police force or one's local council?

Anyone who pays 3 quid for a ring tone with the crazy frog or two little birds in it is surely asking to have all the rest of their money taken off them?

IP Logged

liam.ryan

Telford
Reply #5 - Jun 9th, 2005 at 6:43pm

Rubbish,
u don't have to register they just come & trouble u i sent theman email saying i would take them to court over harrasment,
don't give me that

Liam

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 9th, 2005 at 6:49pm

Quote:
Rubbish,
u don't have to register they just come & trouble u i sent theman email saying i would take them to court over harrasment,
don't give me that

Liam

They have never just troubled my mobile phone out of the blue.

I suspect one of your friends sent them a text starting the service but you don't realise this.  Of course this method of selling goods should never have been allowed in the first place but then Ofcom will allow almost any corrupt business practice under their policy of being "light touch".

** Inflamatory item removed by DaveM **
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2005 at 5:39pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #7 - Jun 9th, 2005 at 7:13pm

I think it does say in tiny print that you are subscribing to a service where you will be sent more premium rate text messages. Thus, it is not possible to simply purchase one ringtone.

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jun 9th, 2005 at 9:40pm

Quote:
I think it does say in tiny print that you are subscribing to a service where you will be sent more premium rate text messages. Thus, it is not possible to simply purchase one ringtone.

Under ICSTIS rules if you email back a text with the words STOP they have to stop sending you any further chargeable messages at that point.

** Inflamatory item removed by DaveM **

It is not my fault if you do not understand how subscription text messaging services work.  To start dealing with JAMSTER and then be surprised about the ongoing costs is surely a self inflicted wound.  The ads on the telly say quite clearly that the ring tones cost £3 each.
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2005 at 5:35pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 10th, 2005 at 5:38pm

Quote:

Its not that tiny Dave.  I could see the words about £3 quite clearly on my tv screen.

IP Logged

sid

jamster and ringtone king
Reply #10 - Mar 5th, 2006 at 8:17pm

My daughter has been stinged my one of the above companies. she only had the phone for 5 hours. I have made a stop to it, but I want to see if I can get a refund. I tried to look on the internet but found nothing. Does anyone one know any geographical numbers? Thr numbers repectivley are.

0870 121 3186 and 0870 1217392.
thank you. hope I put this in the right section.
Regard

IP Logged

a very nice man
Supreme Member

England
Re: jamster and ringtone king
Reply #11 - Mar 5th, 2006 at 9:15pm

Had a look at the jamster site. Best of luck. This is their land address

Jamster International Sarl
41, Route des Arsenaux
Case Postale 249
CH - 1705 Fribourg
Switzerland

so the 087*********** must de redirected. Unless they have a UK operation, I don't think you'll succeed.

Or

8. Termination and Cancellation of Services; Right to withdraw
You can terminate any subscription easily by the following methods: (1) to unsubscribe by text message, text "STOP" to 88888, (2) call 0870 121 3186 (national rate; BT landline calls cost max 7.51p/min; calls from mobiles/other network providers may cost more) or (3) go to "My Clubs" under ringtones.aol.co.uk or (4) send an email to info@jamster.co.uk. The termination shall become effective immediately upon receipt of termination request. Charges may still appear on your mobile phone bill the following month as mobile operators bill retrospectively.

Wooden balance bikes for only £35 + postage. www.easycyclers.co.uk
IP Logged

a very nice man
Supreme Member

England
Reply #12 - Mar 5th, 2006 at 9:26pm

Just found this about the rip off known as Jamster. It's a bit of a long read, but there is a bit quoting Austrian law, which has a equal liability here for recovering your money

"..........Additionally use the following strong argument:
I declare that my underage child is contractually not capable (or contractually capable only in a lower degree) and that I do explicitely not consent to the contract that was concluded by my child with Jamster-Ilove.
Legal Transactions of minors are legally ineffective without the consent of the parents, according to the famous german expert for criminal law Udo Vetter (www.vetter-mertens.de/ and www.lawblog.de). Jamster-Ilove-Orders done by minors are as long legally ineffective until the parents have agreed to them."

If your kids are under 16, they are minors  by our law and cannot enter a contract, therefore the contract is void.

Wooden balance bikes for only £35 + postage. www.easycyclers.co.uk
IP Logged

farci

Glasgow
Reply #13 - Mar 6th, 2006 at 8:28am

a very nice man wrote on Mar 5th, 2006 at 9:26pm:
Just found this about the rip off known as Jamster. It's a bit of a long read, but there is a bit quoting Austrian law, which has a equal liability here for recovering your money

"..........Additionally use the following strong argument:
I declare that my underage child is contractually not capable (or contractually capable only in a lower degree) and that I do explicitely not consent to the contract that was concluded by my child with Jamster-Ilove.
Legal Transactions of minors are legally ineffective without the consent of the parents, according to the famous german expert for criminal law Udo Vetter (www.vetter-mertens.de/ and www.lawblog.de). Jamster-Ilove-Orders done by minors are as long legally ineffective until the parents have agreed to them."

If your kids are under 16, they are minors  by our law and cannot enter a contract, therefore the contract is void.

Call the mobile provider and they will put you in touch with the scammer.

I did this for my 11-year old daughter's inadvertent subscription to Ringtonekings by ringing the 0870 number provided. They started the refund process without question when I explained my daughter's age. However it did take three months for the refund to hit my bank account
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2006 at 8:29am by farci »  

IP Logged

JoePublic
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Mar 6th, 2006 at 9:20am

sid wrote on Mar 5th, 2006 at 8:17pm:
My daughter has been stinged my one of the above companies. she only had the phone for 5 hours. I have made a stop to it, but I want to see if I can get a refund. I tried to look on the internet but found nothing. Does anyone one know any geographical numbers? Thr numbers repectivley are.

0870 121 3186 and 0870 1217392.
thank you. hope I put this in the right section.
Regard

Have a look at www.grumbletext.co.uk

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, bbb_uk, Dave, CJT-80, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge