Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
P1ssed off with Orange (Read 13,059 times)
rickuk80

What happened to Customer
Service?

Birmingham
P1ssed off with Orange
May 10th, 2005 at 1:14am

I know this isn't about cheap calls, but I am really p1ssed off with orange and wondered if anyone else felt the same.

Today I got a letter from David Bugg (Consumer MD) telling me that Wildfire is no more. For those that don’t know, Wildfire is a voice activated voicemail service launched by orange several years ago.

Anyway, I paid about £20 for this to be added to my account and now they are switching her off. I know this sounds really dull and sad of me, but I DONT WANT HER TO GO!!!! Firstly because its a great little gimmick, and secondly, I paid for it!!!

Anyone else feel the same... no? OK! just me then....  Embarrassed

rickuk80  
IP Logged

gbtillies

Quietly does it.........

Re: P1ssed off with Orange
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2005 at 6:31am

Can understand your frustration. 

I came across this site whilst mulling around on my computer - they may be able to help you vent your anger a little bit more.   Wink

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?s=306f551efc35a8cf3c3b03d84...

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #2 - May 10th, 2005 at 7:40am

Another good site for mobile chat is www.mobileexpert.co.uk

« Last Edit: May 10th, 2005 at 8:33am by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #3 - May 10th, 2005 at 7:40pm

You can add Everyphone to that list.  Cry

IP Logged

Smasher

UK
Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2005 at 1:40pm

I just got a complete mouthful of rude and obscene words from an advisor at Orange. 

He knew the call wasn't being recorded, as I phoned back and spoke to the Manager who said they don't record all calls and mine wasn't recorded Angry

Oh and for Dave/DaveM/Forum Admin, regarding the number listed under Orange in the database as 0800 079 4040 - when you select the option to speak to the helpdesk, you are transferred to a dealer helpline, not the PAYG helpline as it used to be.  They were also rude and refused to help. Angry  Alas, nobody complains so they take no notice.  Then when the company does badly as a result of their low standards of customer service and jobs are lost/exported we'll hear the old tripe about nobody being patriotic to british business and similar rubbish.

IP Logged

questa

Reply #5 - Jun 25th, 2005 at 10:24pm

You're selecting the wrong option - there is a dealer support option, but you want option one then option one again - PAYG customer support.  trust me i work for them Smiley

IP Logged

Smasher

UK
Reply #6 - Jun 26th, 2005 at 2:27pm

Option 1 then Option 2 is for PAYG Helpdesk isn't it?  Could you check in case I'm being a tad thick?  I'm sure option 1 is for upgrade enquiries.  Option 2 is for "Just Talk Enquiries" and I remember it used to go through to the helpdesk but now it goes to a special dealer helpdesk who are either rude or cut you off while you're talking.  Angry

But don't worry, after their rudeness and obscenity towards me, I intend to leave Orange and go to a competent provider.  My other family members plan to do the same.

If you work for them, perhaps you could reveal which clown interviews the potential call centre employees, and why calls aren't recorded??

IP Logged

rickuk80

What happened to Customer
Service?

Birmingham
Orange and Line 2
Reply #7 - Sep 7th, 2005 at 2:12pm

Ok... here's a tricky one...

I have been with Orange for longer than I care to remember now, and have had 2 lines for almost as long.

I would like to cancel my line 2, but keep the number as a pay as you go account so that I don’t loose touch with anyone (and there are too many people for me to tell individually)

Orange say this is not possible... anyone know if it is? And also, I though with the Ofcom Policy on number porting, the customer owns the number, not the provider?

Anyway, any advice would be good.

Many thanks

Rick

rickuk80  
IP Logged

mc661

Habitual FOI requester.

West-Norfolk
Re: Orange and Line 2
Reply #8 - Sep 7th, 2005 at 6:42pm

wrong place to have posted this.

Try Geographical Numbers chat

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #9 - Sep 7th, 2005 at 7:22pm

Or try MSE

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #10 - Sep 8th, 2005 at 10:04am

That's a hard one as you own the number for at least the first (main) number on your simcard but I'm not sure of the second number because it is provided by Orange and probably gets diverted to your original number at no expense to you.

As mentioned by Dave, I'd post this question on the MSE (MoneySavingExpert) Forum here.

IP Logged

trevord

West Sussex, UK
Orange Customer NON-service
Reply #11 - Feb 1st, 2006 at 11:46am

Ring Orange Customer Services and you get a recorded message:
"Orange is committed to providing excellent customer services".   Roll Eyes

Apparently they have recently opened up an Indian call centre, which i got through to THREE times.  Someone else did tell me "They are still in training".

One gentleman there, tried telling me:
  • that an 07 number is a landline;
  • that an 0800 number would cost me 25p per call; and
  • gave me the number of their internal IT help desk (altho' I didn't realise it was that), who, of course were surprised that I wasn't an Orange employee!

On the plus side, the last Indian lady I spoke to did manage to transfer me to the correct department without giving me yet another duff number to call!   Smiley

All I was trying to do was re-activate a de-activated (through non-use) PAYG 'phone.   Sad

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Orange Customer NON-service
Reply #12 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 5:14pm

See this thread on MSE. It's been going on for a couple of weeks now.

It's about the system that tells you how many inclusive minutes you have left not working. It seems that Orange claim that this is an 'extra' service. Suprise, suprise, Ofcom has also washed its hands of this.  Roll Eyes

This sort of 'don't care' attitude by the telcos and the regulator is the same reason we have pay as you go with no requirement for itemisation of calls. By not providing a service whereby one can see how many inclusive minutes one has left, one cannot make an informed decision about whether to use the telephone or call using a cheaper method (from another supplier).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, Dave, bbb_uk, CJT-80, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge