<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Geo for 0800 why??? (Read 6,653 times)
Johnny Debt

Geo for 0800 why???
Feb 20th, 2006 at 12:25pm

I have read through a couple of threads and noticed that some people are looking for a Geo number when they already have an 0800 number. I thought the idea was to find a geo or free number so as not to pay 0870 prices??

Does knowing a location help? Here I go, answer my own question; yes I suppose if you want to visit them.

Any other reasons??

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Re: Geo for 0800 why???
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 1:26pm

Johnny Debt wrote on Feb 20th, 2006 at 12:25pm:
I have read through a couple of threads and noticed that some people are looking for a Geo number when they already have an 0800 number. I thought the idea was to find a geo or free number so as not to pay 0870 prices??

Does knowing a location help? Here I go, answer my own question; yes I suppose if you want to visit them.

Any other reasons??

If you have a landline then of course it's free to call freephone numbers.

But most mobile companies that include geo calls and even cross network minutes with their package, don't include 0800, along with the obvious 0870, and 0845.  Therefore it's just as expensive to call freephone numbers, as it is 0870 numbers.

However there is a little known 0200 number that can be used as a dial through number to call freephone numbers.

O2 allow 0800, and 0870 numbers, along with geo numbers to be part of their inclusive minutes, so there's no benefit of having a freephone number, rather than 0870, apart from the principle of the company you're calling making money from the call.

I can of course understand the sentiments of why should we not be satisfied with freephone, but this is just another good example of why freephone numbers are a rip off.

If I have to call a freephone number, I always do it from my landline for that exact reason.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

Johnny Debt

Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 2:19pm

Cheers skiggaddi

Now I have two questions:-

1 How do I reply quoting something you wrote? Just cant see and option on this site.

2 " However there is a little known 0200 number that can be used as a dial through number to call freephone numbers." If I dial 0200 from my mobile before 0800 it wil be fee?

IP Logged

Johnny Debt

Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 2:32pm

WooooHaaa found the quote button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One question to go then.

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #4 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 2:48pm

Johnny Debt wrote on Feb 20th, 2006 at 2:32pm:
WooooHaaa found the quote button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One question to go then.

The call won't exactly be free, it will be charged at the call rates for 01/02 geographic numbers.  Only use this option, if you get free 01/02 calls, but get charged for 0800 numbers.

If you have 0800 numbers cost the same as 01/02 numbers, ie they're part of the inclusive minutes, or you have a PAYG that charges the same for 0800 as 01/02, then it's not worth using the 0200 number as you would have to pay for the call from the moment the 0200 call kicks in, rather than the 0800 call.

I'm not sure exactly what the 0200 number is, but there is another thread about it somewhere, which I saw in the last month.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #5 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 2:51pm

Shiggaddi wrote on Feb 20th, 2006 at 2:48pm:
I'm not sure exactly what the 0200 number is, but there is another thread about it somewhere, which I saw in the last month.

The other thread is hereWink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, bbb_uk, Dave, Forum Admin, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge