Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Tiscali Broadband Helpdesk (Read 48,913 times)
dhamma

Tiscali
Reply #15 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 8:57am

Hi

I would like to contact Tiscali broadband, however they use a 0845 077 4488.

See: http://www.tiscali.co.uk/aboutus/contact/contact_broadband.html

Say no to 0870's datebase is showing this number as 0906 3006633 - is this number a geographical number, or is it an expensive number?

Thanks dhamma Smiley

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Re: Tiscali
Reply #16 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 12:34pm

dhamma wrote on Mar 19th, 2006 at 8:57am:
Say no to 0870's datebase is showing this number as 0906 3006633 - is this number a geographical number, or is it an expensive number?
090 denotes UK Premium Rate, controlled (?) by ICSTIS.

IP Logged

dhamma

Reply #17 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 1:13pm

hi,

So does that mean there isn't a geographic  (01 or 02) number for this particular department?

Cheers

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #18 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 1:51pm

dhamma wrote on Mar 19th, 2006 at 1:13pm:
hi,

So does that mean there isn't a geographic  (01 or 02) number for this particular department?
There would appear not I'm afraid!

The 0845 number you found in the database is the alternative to the 0906 premium rate number charged at 50ppm for Dial-up technical support - see here.

It is common amongst ISP's to have a premium rate tech support number for dial-up users and other lower rate premium(!) rate numbers like 0870/0871 for broadband tech support.
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2006 at 1:54pm by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

mc.black

Ware, Hertfordshire
Tiscal Broadband Support
Reply #19 - May 17th, 2006 at 8:14am

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Does anybody have a geographical number for Tiscali Broadband Support, please?

I would like a geographic number to replace 0870 7442922.

I have reviewed previous messages and discovered that others have posted a similar query but I couldn't find that anybody had been able to supply the desired number.

I have been using Tiscali Broadband (the £14.99 a month package) for a couple of months now and don't have many complaints.......

Only (1) I can't turn off the spam filtering which is totally ineffective and (2) they told me my mailbox was full [when it wasn't] and incoming messages were blocked for a few hours.

And what appears to be a total inability on the part of their Technical Support to answer the questions I ask - rather than the questions that they would have liked me to have asked (and for which there is a standard reply).

I'm gradually losing the will to live but I'm contracted for a year and hope that a better [ie cheaper] package will be available at the end of that time from somebody else.

But when all else is said, Tiscali is actually saving me a lot of money compared to dial up.

Thanks for reading this

MCB

IP Logged

ebaymalcolm

Re: Tiscali Broadband Helpdesk
Reply #20 - Jun 24th, 2006 at 9:53am

did anyone find a geographical number for Tiscali Technical Support? - 0870 744 2922
Thanks
ebayMalcolm

IP Logged

GreyBeard

Fair Rates for Fones!

Swindon
Reply #21 - Jul 21st, 2006 at 7:56pm

i was trying to get an answer to a reasonable query about the cost of calls made on the Tiscali Talk 'service'.  the quoted number was 08707-44 99 66 so i used the SAYNO web site and found 020-7087 2000.  when i rang it, the mechanised answering device asked me for my option.  when i pressed the appropriate number (which i now forget) i got a recording telling me to dial 08707-44 99 66.  talk about round the houses and back to where you started!!  so, i gave up and rang it. very quick service. english mother tongue voice with excellent diction.  she understood the question, knew where to direct me to on their website, and was a pleasure to talk to EXCEPT WHY SHOULD I PAY A PREMIUM TO GET INFORMATION THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SUPPLIED FREE WITH THEIR ENROLMENT LETTER?  oddly, two days later i also received a leaflet thro the post with even more call info. this again tested my resolve to transfer to them.  it seems that although i get free 24/7 calls to 01- and 02- numbers, the cost of calling abroad is substantially dearer than it would be for some of their other packages where the free calls are weekend and evenings only.  "they give with one hand and grab back twice as much with the other."  coming back to my main thread; once i'm on their service, in a few days, they'll still bill me 7.91pence per min to call them on their own 0870 number (which they still call a 'national' rate!!  it'll be interesting to see if the OFCOM rules about advice of costs etc. will alter the situation.  at least BT give you 0800 numbers! 

(if you're reading this and think "why hasn't he read the 'such and such' thread"; although i've been a member for a while, i've not needed to vent my spleen this much before.  maybe i should stick to BT!!!)

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #22 - Jul 21st, 2006 at 8:49pm

[quote author=GreyBeard link=1116485436/15#21 date=1153508171].... at least BT give you 0800 numbers![/quote]Not for BB fault reporting they don't - 0845 now.

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

pt

Tiscali Broadband Technical  Support
Reply #23 - Aug 8th, 2006 at 5:24pm

these guys are costing me a fortune, due to their non-performance , 0870 744 29233. all help appreciated. can't find this particular 0870 in the listings on this site

Paul

IP Logged

ClarySage

Reply #24 - Aug 10th, 2006 at 7:32pm

Huh, you think youv'e got problems with Tiscali??????    Try UK On-Line for starters - this lot is a dead loss.  Our broadband connection with them went 'down' on Monday and, try as we might, we could get NO sense out of UK On-Line, they just did not want to know.   Be warned, anyone about to sign up with them.

IP Logged

jimbo2005

Reply #25 - Aug 11th, 2006 at 7:06pm

If it's any comfort to you, I left Tiscali about a year ago.  I had the old Mercury service - but when NTL owned it they kept 194, and 0500 500 194.  However, when Tiscali took over, all those numbers were dropped and could only be reached on 0870.  Most fo the calls on my bill were non geo numbers - including 20+ minute calls to Tiscali trying to pay a bill.  I left becasuse I had run up a bill of very nearly £400, so I paid it as soon as ppssible and cancelled the same day as my last payment.  I suggest you leave Tiscali like I did.  

Nowadays, if you call Tiscali Broadband, you are not held in a queue, just told to call back later - after you have been chaarged 7.94p per minute AND a 6p connection chage!

The more peopple leave they perhaps may get the message!  Sad

Incidentally, if you are told in their letters that yu can get free technical support, and you don't, I suggest you report this to OfCOM for being misleading.  Since 1 August, it is up to you of course, who you are with - but this still may be an area that OfCOM can deal with.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2006 at 7:10pm by jimbo2005 »  

IP Logged

jaydee51

Shetland
Reply #26 - Oct 5th, 2006 at 8:28pm

Tiscali Broadband Technical Support... surely someone must be able to find a geographical number for them.
Perhaps a 'mole' could leak one?  Undecided
I've been trying to sort a problem since May. I dread to think how much they've had out of me. Emails as well, these have now been going back and forth so long they are now so big they take ages to load, even on broadband.

I've just emailed Mary Turner, CEO of Tiscali UK saying I expect my probelm to be sorted tomorrow, I copied it to Which?.

They are so close to losing another customer ...

IP Logged

Stuff4Paul

Reply #27 - Oct 6th, 2006 at 3:45am

Freephone number for Tiscali broadband.........

0800 107 9000

Seems to be based in Milton Keynes, so you could try searching on "MK14 6XG", "01908" and "tiscali"

Regards
Paul

IP Logged

jaydee51

Shetland
Reply #28 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 2:16pm

Phew! Good to see an 0845 number now showing to contact Tiscali.

I've finally got my problem sorted. I phoned the 020 number and was patched through to their high level complaints team.

I am now putting together advice to Tiscali to help them support their customers better. Today I emailed them this ....

'One initial thought is that Tiscali seriously consider the cost benefits against customer satisfaction level of having calls to Tiscali Customer Support on a premium 0870 number. It could be a big positive to advertise that you are not appearing to profit when supporting customers who need to call. While it might be difficult to get your accountants to agree to having Customer Support on an 0800 number, perhaps also an 0845 number, surely a number that charges no more than national rate could be worth investigating. I understand that Tiscali Customer Support Call Centre staff may be based outwith the U.K. but the savings that Tiscali make by employing staff not at U.K. pay rates is obviously more than balancing any call connection charge outwith the U.K.  You may be aware that there is a growing campaign by consumers to avoid using 0870 numbers, with a website www.saynoto0870.com championing this cause. It would be a great marketing strategy for Tiscali to switch away from 0870 numbers and publicise doing this. What do you think?'

I'll let you all know what response  I get.

BTW.... anyone who is fed up trying to get a Tiscali problem resolved by emailing their Customer Support Centre might well try emailing mkcompesc@uk.tiscali.com

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #29 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 3:16pm

More on Tiscali on The Scream! ForumsWink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, CJT-80, DaveM, Forum Admin, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge