Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bronmeirion Surgery, Gwynedd (Read 10,885 times)
basil

Bronmeirion Surgery, Gwynedd
Jun 22nd, 2005 at 12:23pm

my doctor now has a 08704609660 which is not listed as having a geographical number. is  there an alternative that any one knows of.
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2005 at 10:19am by Dave »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Bronmeirion Surgery, Gwynedd
Reply #1 - Jun 22nd, 2005 at 12:33pm

Dr Who? Shocked Shocked

How do you propose we find (let alone tell you) what the number is when you haven't told us where this surgery is?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Do you think this forum is made up of psychics?  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2005 at 10:20am by Dave »  

IP Logged

bill

Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2005 at 1:17pm

192.com (Thomson Directory) was kind enough to provide:

BRONMEIRION SURGERY
CASTLE STREET
PENRHYNDEUDRAETH
GWYNEDD
LL48 6AL

01766 77 03 04
01766 77 07 05 fax

192.com's free directory enquiries came up with 0844 477 8683 but labelled that as 'local' - which it is not and 0870 460 9660 but labelled that as 'national' 

As they've now got an 0844 number, it's likely the 01766 77 03 04 number has been changed though.
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2005 at 10:19am by Dave »  

IP Logged

basil

Reply #3 - Jun 22nd, 2005 at 1:30pm

if you telephone the 01766770304 number you are advised this is no longer available and should telephone 08704609660.
receptionist informs me they will not accept repeat prescription request via fax. so it looks like we in Gwynedd are stuck with paying high call fees.

IP Logged

gbtillies

Quietly does it.........

Reply #4 - Jun 22nd, 2005 at 1:30pm

Good digging there bill, but unfortunately, as you suspected, when you dial that number it gives the 0870 460 9660 number.

Angry

IP Logged

gbtillies

Quietly does it.........

Reply #5 - Jun 22nd, 2005 at 1:35pm

Gosh, not accepting repeat prescription requests by fax, but accepting them by telephone is opening up a huge can of worms for that surgery! 

When I was a Practice Manager at Surgery, we NEVER took requests over the phone - open to all sorts of problems with mis hearing/mis spelling, patient accusing the receptionist of not writing down what was said correctly etc.    Whereas a fax copy of the repeat prescription request, or a signed letter from the patient put the onus on the patient, not the surgery (as long as the fax came through ok!).

I would put this argument to the Practice Manager - they may go away and think it through a bit more!

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #6 - Jun 22nd, 2005 at 3:51pm

Quote:
. . not accepting repeat prescription requests by fax, but accepting them by telephone is opening up a huge can of worms . .
The main advantage of the phone call is that they can do the security checks necessary when you ask for the repeat prescriptions.

I agree about the advantages of the fax but how do you get around the security checks ?   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2005 at 10:21am by Dave »  

IP Logged

gbtillies

Quietly does it.........

Reply #7 - Jun 22nd, 2005 at 4:42pm

DaveM, it is actually more secure to get the pre printed repeat prescription request form or a faxed copy of it, or even a letterheaded request and signature.  You never can be sure who is actually speaking to you on the telephone - it is very easy for a family member to phone up and pretend to be asking for a repeat prescription as a way of finding out if that person is on certain medication.  They only have to play the 'I can't remember what it is called, but will remember it if you read out the names....' card and patient confidentiality is totally lost.  Believe me, some people can and are so devious.

By having the printed name and adddress, and in the case of the pre printed prescription request form the computer ID and  the printed name of the medication, the receptionist is able to check that the request is genuine, that the medication is actually due and whether there is a medication review due before the next prescription can be issued.

IP Logged

BlueBox

Buckinghamshire
Reply #8 - Jun 22nd, 2005 at 9:24pm

This  sometime works Grin

When you next  go into a  Surgery  leave your mobile phone in the car  once seen the Doctor  go to front desk tell them you missplaced your phone somewhere if they could ring it

Bingo  you have the number of place Wink Wink

IP Logged

mikemundy

Reply #9 - Jun 23rd, 2005 at 6:05pm

I understood the Government had condemned Doctors use of 0870 numbers and ordered them to use proper geographic numbers again.

If you ring you local NHS Primary Care Trust I am sure that they will provide the number. You want to make an official complaint  to them at the same time about the 0870 number.

Ours provide a leaflet listing the proper phone numbers of all Doctors, Dentists, Opticians, Pharmacists and Hospitals in their area.

IP Logged

basil

Reply #10 - Jun 23rd, 2005 at 6:55pm

Thanks to every one who replied.
I have just read a press release from Dept of Health,
anouncing a ban on GP's using 0870 numers from April of this year, so I don,t know what my GP is playing at. If  any one wants to read it.www.dh.gov.uk/PublicationsAndStatistics/PressReleases/PressRelleasesNotices/

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #11 - Jun 23rd, 2005 at 8:05pm

Quote:
I understood the Government had condemned Doctors use of 0870 numbers and ordered them to use proper geographic numbers again.

Have a look at the 'Hot Topics' thread in the Geographical Chat section, I've linked to some threads on this subject.  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge