Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Student Loans Company (SLC) (Read 23,639 times)
hoxne

Student Loans Company (SLC)
Feb 11th, 2005 at 6:54pm

My wife tried the number on saynoto0870 for the Student Loans Company (0141 3062000) customer services, but this was the switchboard and the operator told her to redial the 0870 numbers.  So I've requested routing info under FOI and had a very quick (1 week) response as follows:

'I refer to your Freedom of Information request (below) and my acknowledgement email of 8th February.  I have now sourced the numbers you have requested.

1)        The General Enquiries 0870 number is routed to  0141 243 3900.

2)        The Deferments 0870 number is routed to 0141 243 3902.

I am pleased to report that SLC has responded to your Freedom of Information request well within the statutory time limits and that I have now closed this request. '

Keep using FOI, because the more bodies who respond positively, the weaker will appear any arguments used to claim exemption!

~ Edited by Dave: Thread title amended
« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2007 at 11:36pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

bill
Ex Member

Re: FOI: Student Loans
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2005 at 7:19pm

It grates a bit though that, on the SLC website, you see:

Department for Education and Skills
Sanctuary Buildings
Great Smith Street
London SW1P 3BT
Tel:
0870 000 2288

IP Logged

marc

Re: FOI: Student Loans
Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2005 at 12:35pm

just thought u may be interested if u dint notice

SLC have a frrephone number 0800405010 for general enquiries and payment details

IP Logged

Minardi

Derby
SLC (Student Loans Company) Response
Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2007 at 11:31pm

Sent this in a month or so ago, and just had what I think is quite a good response (slightly abridged for speed of typing):

1. Why do you use 0845 numbers?   

At the time of the 0845 telephone being set up by the SLC, these calls were charged at a local rate to all customers regardless of location. As the SLC's customer base extends all over the UK we felt that it was reasonable for all customers to pay the same.

2. What is the equivalent geographical number? (In relation to your enquiries line, 0845 607 7577) 

0141 243 3929

3. What revenue do you receive per minute and in total from the use of 0845 numbers? 

£0.006 per minute. Between Sept 2006 and Aug 2007 total revenue was £72.282, however this is not factual income as the money generated is set off against the costs of running the service

4. Are you aware of the revenue collected by your telecom provider, from your callers?

No

5. Have you considered the revised COI guidelines? 

Yes

6. If so, what conclusions did you come to?   

We have decided to move to 03 telephone numbers [ Shocked Grin ]. These cannot however be immediately changed due to stationary costs and customer familiarity at peak processing times. Therefore, it is not realistic to change this year.

7. Do you realise that all calls (local/national) cost the same? 

Yes

8. Do you realise that 0845 numbers now offer no cost advantage to callers, irrespective or their location, only disadvantages? 

This number is constantly under review to ensure callers are not disadvantaged.

9. Are you aware of the cost implications to your callers, when using 0845 numbers?   

We are aware of this and other options are being investigated.

10. Are you aware of the cost implications for callers from mobile telephones, bearing in mind students often have no access to a landline, and what provisions do you have in relation to this?

Our remit deals only with keeping calls cost effective from land lines.

11.Do you have any plans to promote an 03 number (same call cost as a a geographic number) or provide a geographic number?

This is under consideration for next year.

Cheers

Minardi

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, CJT-80, Dave, DaveM, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge