Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Questions to be asked?  FOI Act (Read 34,820 times)
kk

Questions to be asked?  FOI Act
Mar 9th, 2005 at 12:07pm

After the usual letter of complaint setting out various costs, to the caller, of 087x/084x numbers. For ALL public bodies, I ask the following questions?  I often follow the first letter with a second letter.

Please disclose (FOI Act 2000) all documents and notes on this matter.

Why do you use 0870 numbers? 
What is the equivalent geographical number?
What revenue do you receive per minute and in total from the use of 0870 numbers?
Are you aware of the revenue collected by your telecom provider, from your callers?
Have you considered the revised COI guidelines?
If so, what conclusions did you come to? 
Do you realise that all calls (local/national) cost the same?
Are you aware of the cost implications to your callers, when using 0870 numbers? 

Why do you use 0845 numbers? 
What is the equivalent geographical number?
What revenue do you receive per minute and in total from the use of 0845 numbers?
Are you aware of the revenue collected by your telecom provider, from your callers?
Have you considered the revised COI guidelines?
If so, what conclusions did you come to? 
Do you realise that all calls (local/national) cost the same?
Do you realise that 0845 numbers now offer no cost advantage to callers, irrespective or their location, only disadvantages?
Are you aware of the cost implications to your callers, when using 0845 numbers? 

KK

IP Logged

Webmaster
Ex Member

Re: Questions to be asked?  FOI Act
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2005 at 4:50pm

Does this only apply to public bodies only ?  Or does it also apply to companies ?

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2005 at 5:33pm

Quote:
Does this only apply to public bodies only ?  Or does it also apply to companies ?

It applies to public bodies and some publically owned companies. See here for more information.

IP Logged

trubster

10 Meg Broadband Rocks...

Sheffield
Reply #3 - Nov 24th, 2006 at 10:27pm

Who's up for making a load of different pre-typed letters and everyone distribute a few in there local areas...

I'm up 4 it Cheesy

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #4 - Nov 25th, 2006 at 1:00pm

Some people may disagree with this but I don't believe bombarding a specific gov body with FoI requests trying to obtain geographical details is worth it.

Firstly, they can refuse to deal with an FOI stating they're "vexatious" (see mc661 thread here).

Secondly and possibly partly due to the above, the gov is thinking of changing FOI so that they are more likely to charge anyone requesting anything under FOI and more exceptions to FOI can be made along with certain organisations, etc may be barred from obtaining info (this latter one I think was aimed at newspapers, etc).

This is why I'm not doing FOI requests to gov bodies where an FOI has already been done, otherwise repeated requests could (and to a certain degree) appear to backfiring.  This won't bother so much the gov bodies, but more than likely us because gov bodies may have more of an excuse to refuse FOI request(s) or likely to start charging.

IP Logged

Galacid

Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2009 at 11:31am

Does anyone have a Pro Forma letter which I can send to my GP requesting their local rate number?

I am sick of paying the 0844 number and waiting for 10 minutes plus!

Thanks all....

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #6 - Apr 2nd, 2009 at 1:52pm

Galacid wrote on Apr 2nd, 2009 at 11:31am:
Does anyone have a Pro Forma letter which I can send to my GP requesting their local rate number?

I am sick of paying the 0844 number and waiting for 10 minutes plus!

As I said in my other posting on this subject, these surgeries seem to have blocks of 01/02 numbers, of which the reception or menu we are looking for is on one.

Perhaps the objective of finding the alternative number can be reached without making it obvious to the surgery what your intentions are. For example, an emailed response from the practice manager might give her direct dialling number which might lead to the number you are looking for.

Coming straight out and requesting the alternative will allow them to see why you want that information which might leave you with a fight, as it were. They might inadvertantly give it to you if they don't realise what you're trying to extract from them.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #7 - Jan 6th, 2010 at 5:22pm

Off topic replies have been moved to This Thread
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2010 at 8:17pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, DaveM, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge