<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ryanair - 09 number (Read 28,260 times)
reggie

Ryanair - 09 number
Aug 7th, 2005 at 7:56pm

Had to call Ryanair yesterday. Found the geographical numbers  in Ireland on this site but.. on dialling got a message that the numbers had been changed to 09 numbers which varied in price from 25p to £1.00 per minute !!
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2008 at 2:36pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

jimjim

Ryanair
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2007 at 7:49pm

Intresting letter in The Guardian today

"Dr Whittaker (Letters, January 30 ) thank's Ryanair for providing a ministerial email address in a full page advert (January 24 ). It's somewhat inconsistent, therefore, that Ryanair refuses to publish an email address for customers who need to complain.  MyCommons motion 2643 notes that "Caroline Green head of customer services for Ryanair can be contacted at greenc@ryanair.comand the telephone number for its head office in Dublin is 00353 18121212. which is cheaper to call than its high- tariff 0871 number"
Surely its only fair that companies that sell their goods and services online should take complaints in the same way?

Sharron Hodson
Lab, Gateshead East
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2007 at 7:51pm by jimjim »  

IP Logged

Kaner69

Ryanair - 0905 numbers
Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 11:19am

Hello all,

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get round the ludicrous charges that Ryanair have on their 0905 number, can't say I appreciate having to pay £1 per/min for a call anywhere in the world these days, let alone a call centre owned by this robbing git.

All help is appreciated

Yours

Kaner
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2008 at 12:37pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: 0905 numbers
Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 12:37pm

You are under no illusion that 09xx numbers are premium rate, which isn't the case for 084/087. The latter has built the foundations for companies foisting these numbers on us under the false basis that they are somehow "normal" rate.

I suggest you use another airline.

IP Logged

Kaner69

Re: Ryanair
Reply #4 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 1:00pm

Unfortunatley using another airline would not be an option as it would mean travelling further afield, thanks for your help!!!!!

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #5 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 1:04pm

Kaner69 wrote on Oct 15th, 2008 at 1:00pm:
Unfortunatley using another airline would not be an option as it would mean travelling further afield, thanks for your help!!!!!

Is this number for buying tickets? Can you buy them online?

IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Reply #6 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 11:08pm

Kaner69 wrote on Oct 15th, 2008 at 1:00pm:

It would be useful to know why you need to call them. If it's for a reason that can't be dealt with through another medium, e.g. e-mail or letter, so that the only option is to call a rip-off number, then I think you have a valid complaint and members of the forum should assist you.

If it's for something you can easily do online, such as buy tickets, check flight times or look up what your luggage allowance is, I have little sympathy, and that would be the case even if it was an 084/7 number.

IP Logged

Kaner69

Reply #7 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 8:33am

believe it or not I'm not that stupid and having used the site on numerous occasions to buy tickets I am well aware that you can check the site for all those things, the reason I have to call them is to get my son added to the ticket, the only way i can do so is by calling this poxy premium number, so if any of you bright sparks know of a way round this i would be grateful

IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Reply #8 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 11:01am

I guess you are referring to their "internet support" number, 0905 566 0000 at £1.00/min. They also have a call centre with more limited opening hours, 0871 246 0000, 10p/min. If you call the latter, do you have to pay extra for the flight as it's no longer an internet-booked flight? In that case, you have to weigh up which is cheaper. The premium rate number is paying for the service, which would inevitably be more expensive on a different number.

From the prices for the number in each country, the UK 0871 number is actually a good deal! The 0905 number on the other hand seems among the most expensive.
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=CONTACT&div=call_ctr

Unfortunately, the answer is ultimately that budget airlines can offer cheap prices because they charge an arm and a leg for any extras, including making changes for bookings. People who have to make changes subsidise those who don't.

IP Logged

Kaner69

Reply #9 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 11:15am

Thanks for you response, tried to get through on their normal number yesterday just to enquire how much it was going to be to add him, after 25 minutes listening to the same song through the loudspeakeron the phone - i gave up. Angry

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #10 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 4:15am

Kaner69 wrote on Oct 16th, 2008 at 11:15am:
Thanks for you response, tried to get through on their normal number yesterday just to enquire how much it was going to be to add him, after 25 minutes listening to the same song through the loudspeakeron the phone - i gave up. Angry

Have you emailed their Head of Customer Services Caroline Green using greenc@ryanair.com  However I think that email address may now bounce.

You might also like to visit www.ryanaircampaign.org and www.ihateryanair.co.uk to share your views with fellow sufferers.

My own recent efforts to tell these - why I decided not to book one of their flights (because the £8 card ripoff fee per passenger on top of £134 for a flight the wrong side of London to 10am was the final straw) revealed that one of their senior directors still has an email address in the normal surnamex@ryanair.com format as I got two read receipts from him for different emails.  This was Chief Financial Officer and Deputy CEO Howard Millar - millarh@ryanair.com   I also found another Ryanair director where the email address did not bounce (unlike Michael O'Leary) although I did not get a read receipt so cannot now remember who that was.

You might like to try all the current directors and senior staff using surnamex@ryanair.com as shown at:-

www.ryanair.com/site/EN/about.php?page=Invest&sec=bio_senior

and

www.ryanair.com/site/EN/about.php?page=Invest&sec=bio_board
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2008 at 4:23am by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, CJT-80, DaveM, bbb_uk, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge