Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Useless New Ofcom NTS Proposals Are Published (Read 26,730 times)
Bobbyboy

Re: 0871 regulation - Pre-consultation
Reply #15 - Sep 11th, 2006 at 5:18pm

IMPORTANT: IT BEGGARS BELIEF:

I have got a letter from OFCOM dated 8th August 2006 sayin they have come up with an idea to deal with this 0845  & 0870 which in my view is mess and scam that should be done away with.

"OFCOM's future approach to making 08 numbers ..... give consumers a clear message about the likely cost of these calls. Ofcom will move to 3 clear categories of 08 numbers.

1.   08 Freephone (0800 and 0808) - bet none of you knew this!!!
2.   084  (5p min from BT line) --- Bet none of you knew this either!!!
3.   087 10p /min from BT line ---- Bet none of you knew this!!!

It beggers belief that it has taken OFCOM 3 years of being challenged and all the so called consultation to come up with this. What we all have know fore the last 6 years.

it is my view and hope ALL WILL WRITE TO Ofcom that the 0845/0870 is a mess and scam, and the best recommendation is to scrap them.  

Not one Company could tell me why they had these numbers - except to make money out of consumers, who often had no land line number they could call. It was interesting noting  All those Advertising 0870/0845 advertise how much money you can make for the company from the consumer having to telephone them.

If  - surely OFCOM "if" OFCOM it was a caring regulator would ask this put on letter heads and pre announment and Health warning that       " this call will make a profit for the company at your expense". Why was this never in the Consultation?  Huh Instead OFCOM tried to call them "non geographical" and "lo-call"  trying to fool the consumers that it was not a Premium number - Further OFCOM itself had an 0845 number - (it seems OFCOM had its hand in the cookie jar little wonder it could not deal with issues)

Bobby
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2006 at 2:59pm by Bobbyboy »  

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Re: Useless New Ofcom NTS Proposals Are Published
Reply #16 - Sep 11th, 2006 at 6:03pm

Hi Bobbyboy,

I thought your post was better of in this thread than the 0871 consultation which is being done by ICSTIS and not Ofcom.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Dave, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge