Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
!! URGENT !! Tuesday 6 December - DON'T MISS OUT.. (Read 8,689 times)
gdh82

!! URGENT !! Tuesday 6 December - DON'T MISS OUT..
Oct 18th, 2005 at 1:13pm

« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2005 at 7:56am by gdh82 »  

There's more of us that them, stick together and challenge 0870/0845 etc etc

IP Logged

joe65

Re: SPREAD THE WORD - 48 Days To Go ...
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2005 at 1:39pm

That's right.    Shouldn't Everyone visiting this site (typically just to find an alternative Geographic number)  be made aware of this unique opportunity they have to change all this, by airing their views Now to Ofcom ?

It needs something Upfront on the Homepage to show that this campaign is approaching a very significant milestone  and not just hidden away in the Forum.  I'd been using this site for years, before I first ventured curiously into the Forum.

There are those who count,&&An' those who cann't,&&An' those who count  on the both of 'em.

IP Logged

joe65

Reply #2 - Oct 18th, 2005 at 11:18pm

Quote:
It needs something Upfront on the Homepage

Thanks for doing that Website Administrator.

That OfCom 'Summary' is still awfully dull and off- putting for the unititiated 'though.

Would it be better still perhaps to have a link, from your Homepage entry,  to  gdh82's thread   Spread The Word , to steer novices into the subject ?

That's if gdh82 wouldn't mind maintaining it as a launchpad into the subject.
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2005 at 11:29pm by joe65 »  

There are those who count,&&An' those who cann't,&&An' those who count  on the both of 'em.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2005 at 10:53am

It looks like you got your wish as I noticed the site owner has put such a thing up on the main page and I believe it is noticable as well and it counts down.

Thank you Daniel.

The problem now is this thread (specifically thread title and OP) will be out as the days go by!  Grin
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2005 at 1:52pm by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

joe65

Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2005 at 11:39am

Quote:
Thank you Daniel.

The problem now is this thread (specifically thread title and OP) can will be out of date every day!  Grin

Ah yes, I'd rather overlooked the timeless element of this thread .

My concern 'though is that the OfCom 'Summary' is itself enough to put anyone but the most ardent campaigner off going any further.   What's needed first of is a more succint and enticing summary (of the 'Summary')  OR a link  into the actual responses, that shows just how easy it can be to contribute.

IP Logged

gdh82

Re: SPREAD THE WORD - 34 Days To Go ...
Reply #5 - Nov 1st, 2005 at 6:14pm

Grin Thanks very much to whoever (one of the superior users?) for making this thread sticky.  I was thinking it would look better with the follow-up posts removed now.  I've removed my own posts but could a superior user remove the others or should I send a private message to those concerned?

As discussed elsewhere, regarding a thread that could act as a guide to those seeking assistance when responding to Ofcom's consultation, I'd gladly develop this thread if other's could provide some input.  I was thinking a few short paragraphs summarising the main points when responding to the consultation.

Thanks again
Garry

There's more of us that them, stick together and challenge 0870/0845 etc etc

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80, DaveM, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge