Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New thread - Government reply help please (Read 5,501 times)
cricketer

New thread - Government reply help please
Nov 21st, 2005 at 8:25am

For the avoidance of doubt, and to make sure that I am going down the same lines as other repliers, would you be kind enough to let me know if there are any other bits of information that I need to add, including the extra email addresses?

I have no wish to be verbose, but I do not want to miss any MAJOR points.

Number Translation Services: A Way Forward Consultation
Reply emailed to: nts@ofcom.org.uk and   and    and   and   and   and ???

Question 1: Do you agree with our proposal that revenue sharing should no longer be allowed on 0870 calls if the link between 0870 call prices and prices for 01 and 02 geographic calls is restored?
Answer 1: Yes.  I assume that calls to an 0870 number will be included in any carrier ‘tariff packages’ that include free calls to 01 and 02 numbers.

Question 2: In connection with Option B4 and B5, do you agree with Ofcom’s initial view that 0870 calls should be removed from the scope of the NTS Condition if the geographical link between 0870 calls and geographical calls is restored?
Answer 2: No

Question 4: What do you think of our proposal to extend the rules controlling premium-rate services using 09 numbers to include 0871 numbers?
Answer 4: I agree

Question 5: Do you agree we should insist that any adult entertainment services using 08 numbers have to move to the 09 numbers set aside for this type of content?
Answer 5: Yes, apart from freephone 0800 and 0808 numbers.

Question 7: Do you agree that the package of measures we propose to introduce will tackle most of the problems with Number Translation Services? If not, what else do you think we could do and why?
Answer 7: No.  It must be clear to a caller, before they make a call, to a 08, 07 or 09 number what the pence per minute rate will be.

Providing consumers with improved information about Number Translation Services (NTS) and Premium Rate Services (PRS)
Reply emailed to: Geoff.Brighton@ofcom.org.uk and   and    and   and   and   and ???

Question 1: Do you consider that these proposals are reasonable and are likely to be effective in improving the information available to citizens and consumers about Premium Rate Services (PRS)?
Answer 1: No.  It must be clear to a caller, before they make a call to a PRS number what the pence per minute rate will be.

Question 2: Do you consider that these proposals are reasonable and are likely to be effective in improving the information available to citizens and consumers about NTS (Number Translation Services - those numbers beginning 08x/09x) call prices? 
Answer 2: No.  It must be clear to a caller, before they make a call to a PRS number what the pence per minute rate will be.

Question 3: Do you agree that there should be mandatory guidelines for codes of practice in dealing with consumer enquiries about Premium Rate Services (09x numbers) and Number Translation Services (084x/087x numbers)?
Answer 3: No.  If it is clear, before a call is made to a NGN, what the pence per minute rate is, then there is little need for dealing with consumer enquiries, as there will be no misunderstanding.

Question 4: Do you believe there are any other options Ofcom should have considered?
Answer 4: Yes.  Simple pricing, readily available, that users can know, so that they can make an informed decision about calling a NGN.

Question 5: Do you agree that landline and mobile network providers’ codes of practice should be available on request and free of charge to their customers?
Answer 5: Yes.

Question 6: Do you agree that the proposed modifications to the code of practice and Dispute Resolution and associated guidelines are sufficient to address the issues relating to NTS (084x/087x numbers) and PRS (09x numbers), described in this consultation?
Answer 6: No.

Employ TEENAGERS now! &&Get them whilst they know so much!

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Re: New thread - Government reply help please
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2005 at 11:04am

I'm not sure using words like, "I assume..." is a good idea.  I never assume anything with the telcos (and certainly not with Ofcom).

Personally, I preferred THIS RESPONSE.

But then again, I would. Wink
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2005 at 11:23am by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

gdh82

Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2005 at 2:04pm

I agree that Heinz's highlight response is short and strong.  It repeatedly makes the central point that revenue sharing should only be allowed under strict guidelines (ie as part of the 09 range of numbers).

The danger with answering their listed questions is that it restricts your response to just a few points and ignores some wider issues.  For what its worth bearing in mind I'm still a newbie,  my response is HERE. Although I've followed the the Ofcom format, I've also tried to address some of the wider issues too.

There's more of us that them, stick together and challenge 0870/0845 etc etc

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #3 - Nov 21st, 2005 at 2:17pm

I'm just about to start my response so I can't really say anything for definate just yet. However, I think that you should avoid Yes/No answers. You must elaborate where necessary. It has been suggested that these are leading questions, so take the answer where you want it to go, as it were. Also, if there's something not covered by the questions which you feel is important (such as allowing 0845 RS to continue), include that in its own paragraph.

IP Logged

cricketer

Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2005 at 3:08pm

thank you all.  I shall reply accordingly, unless you are going to post your response Dave?

Employ TEENAGERS now! &&Get them whilst they know so much!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Forum Admin, DaveM, Dave, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge