Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
British Gas Home Services:08700503525;Missed calls (Read 47,565 times)
simonsays

British Gas Home Services:08700503525;Missed calls
Jan 26th, 2006 at 11:35am

Hi there this number 0870 050 3525 has been ringing me for days now, already 5 time this morning.
I let the answer machine take it and they hang up, If I ring back I get no answer.
Can anybody tell me who this is.

Much appreciated

Simon

~ Thread title edited by Dave
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2006 at 3:45pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Fred42

Re: Unknown No. 0870 0503525
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2006 at 10:27am

0870 0503525 appears to be "British Gas Home Services". They have also called me on 0141 2705400. Both of these numbers lead to a recorded message saying that you will be called again! There's no option to speak to a real person, or stop the nuicanse calls.

IP Logged

DavidG

Re: British Gas Home Services:08700503525;Missed c
Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2006 at 10:38am

Yep, I've been getting several calls a day from this number recently, so rang British Gas to ask them about it. They have recently been ringing around after sending out information about saving energy and offering a free pack including environmentally friendly light bulbs!

BG is another of these firms that appears to be surprised that anyone should dare to be out at work during the day - as proven, not just by the calls, but also by the visits to read meters!

IP Logged

jold

Reply #3 - Oct 5th, 2006 at 8:44am

I have also been called by British Gas Home Services every day for around the last 6 weeks  but the number they are using is 08706060825. I  spoke to someone yesterday Cry and was told the calls would stop but I have received yet another call today!

IP Logged

dougal175719

Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2006 at 3:18pm

Try 01698802101  which is listed for British Gas Home Services for calls from
outside the UK (?) but it works fine.

IP Logged

deadkenny

Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 4:24pm

jold wrote on Oct 5th, 2006 at 8:44am:
I have also been called by British Gas Home Services every day for around the last 6 weeks  but the number they are using is 08706060825. I  spoke to someone yesterday Cry and was told the calls would stop but I have received yet another call today!

I'm getting the same number frequently on my mobile which is getting annoying.

I do have a British Gas Service contract though but if it's anything important they should leave a message. Anyway often it just rings twice and then stops.

I never answer it because it's an 0870 number and just assume it's junk.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2006 at 4:24pm by deadkenny »  

IP Logged

deadkenny

Reply #6 - Oct 21st, 2006 at 1:13pm

This is getting REALLY annoying now Angry Angry Angry

They've been calling continually about every 15 minutes. About 1 or 2 rings then stops. I haven't caught them yet to tell them where to stick it. Angry

IP Logged

deadkenny

Reply #7 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 10:36am

Update: I filled in a complaint on British Gas's 'contact' form on their web site and they seem to have stopped now.

IP Logged

kab

Reply #8 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 3:45pm

I have been receiving these calls for a few weeks now...they never leave a message and if you pick up the phone there is silence and you get disconnected.  Angry

I have been to http://www.house.co.uk/contactus
this feedback/complaint link and registered my complaint 

I am registered with TPS and not a customer of British Gas.

Sad

IP Logged

leroy

Reply #9 - Feb 23rd, 2007 at 9:18am

I also had this problem - so rang british gas, eventually was given the number to contact home services - 0845 9500400

As I used to be a customer (only for 1 month when I first moved into the property) they had automatically put me on an "Opt-in" register for marketing, asked them to change that to "Opt-out" and they said I would receive no more calls.

Hope this helps someone, it only takes 2 mins to get it done, and will hopefully end the nuisance calls!

Annoyed why they do this in the first place though - makes me not want to join British Gas even more!

leroy   Smiley

IP Logged

Mbee

Reply #10 - Mar 21st, 2007 at 3:50pm

I've been called every 20 mins for the last couple of days - British Gas sales call - the number they called me on was 0845 0700 827. I asked to be removed from the database but I'll not hold my breath!

IP Logged

SquiffyUK

Reply #11 - May 31st, 2007 at 10:57am

Hi

I have been slightly more militant, and have threatened to Sue British Gas Services for harrassment.
It appears that they outsource this work to another company (the dialling part at any rate)

I recieved 11 calls today prior to 10:30am...and a dozen or so yesterday.
The woman i spoke to, has passed this on to her management team, and I await their call.

will keep you all posted

IP Logged

Spiro000

Batley. U.K
Reply #12 - Sep 2nd, 2007 at 1:15am

[font=Courier]Just to let you guys out there know. I actually work got B.G in the call centre. When you get called up its generaly by someone wanting to book the anual service on the boiler Yes supprisingly enough, for those of you with a Home Care agreement; you get a service.
Before you say it yes its once a year.  For god sake would you people for once look at your Terms and Conditions, It says in there you get a yearly safety and maintainance inspection, and for those of you who cant figure it out, that means once a year not every 12 months, not once whenever you feel like it, once in the year of your contact i.e if your contact runs from March to March you will get a service in the time between then, any time between then depending when we have someone free to do your service.

Before you go on about 'Well get more engineers then' Think about it, its simple - If we get more engineers, we have to spend more. If we have to spend more, your agreements go up in price (and shut it you whos thinking well your gas is already over priced) this is the [b]HOME SERVICES[/b] we are talking about not the [b]TRADING. OK!![/b]
If you want to pay more for more engineers then fine, we can but just reed the book we have given you feel, it makes sense it really does.

Also the appointment times, they are on [b]PAGE SIX[/b] Bottom right hand corner under[b] 'Appointment Times' 8 till 1pm (AM) 10-2 (Family Friendly) 12-6 (PM)[/b]
If the problem you are having is really all that bad that your wanting to shout down the phone to us then you are going to be more than willing to take some time off work. Ok yes sometimes your boiler isn't fixed first time every time but if you think your so smart then you fix it. Our guys are so well trained that they can do alot more than you could ever do, yeah you can put a lock on a gate but could you rewire a PCB and fit a new pump in under 90 mins? didn't think so.

OK back to the people who call you, they are what are called power dial, these guys phone to book your services, you will generally hear them say "can i speak to _______ its British Gas" at this point you think we are selling you something and the phone goes dead "I'm just calling to book in your Service" how hard is that to understand, if we dont get an answer, we send a letter then we get you complaining about the appointment times not being right. Answer the phone then when we call you, Why do 1471, why not look up our number and call us back, quite simple i think, you complain to us about "oh i work full time" yeah who do you think your speaking to, we work full time thats why im answering to phone to you.

If your gonna speak to us like dirt were gonna hang up the line, would you speak to anyone else like that, if you spoke to us like you do infront of us we would hit you, what do you think gives you the right to speak to us like you do, your no-one special, go -on cancel the agreement see if we care, have you ever noticed we dont batter an eyelid when you tell us you want to cancel and kiss your feet, its because its not for us to do, if you think hollow threats are anything to go but were not gonna loose any sleep over it

So the next time you call through to us, think before you speak, you just might get someone whos happy to speak to you then[/font]

IP Logged

SquiffyUK

Reply #13 - Sep 2nd, 2007 at 12:13pm

Actually m8..I have always been firm but polite when calling.
Yes...We do wish to have our Boiler regularly serviced...and yes it is good to be called....thanks very much.

The problem arises when some jerk decides to make the calls anonymous, vague and badly put together.
This is not a guy phoning to book a service visit...this is an automated robot...badly programmed...and not working properly!
(I would love a human being to phone and book a service!...which thankfully...someone did...eventually!)

I am sure that you would get a little annoyed if I rang you a dozen times EVERY morning (from a withheld number) and left a stupid, pre recorded message that I am from British Gas...and I would phone again later?....NO Reference whatsoever as to the fact it is about the boiler service!!!....NO mention of what the call is about at all!!!....and no contact number!!...what 'Fat Cat' at British Gas thought THAT one up??and yes..damn right I would phone again later.....every 30 bloody minutes, and leave the same stoopid msg...regardless of whether you answer your phone or not!

It is tantamount to harrasement!!!!!

I realise that it is not the fault of the Call Centre staff...and being rude to the people like yourself is wholly unnaceptable...and I always treat call centre staff with respect.

But it is really annoying when the system fails so miserably....and the people responsible (whether British Gas / Homeserve / or a 3rd Party) should get their damn sh*t together and sort it out!
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2007 at 12:16pm by SquiffyUK »  

IP Logged

PeterS

Reply #14 - Nov 6th, 2007 at 10:27pm

I'm an advice worker, and have just been contacted informally by a worried elderly friend who has had several of these calls. They keep asking to speak to someone who she does not know, and who has not had her phone number in the past. They don't appear to get the message that they've got the wrong number. I have been able to assure her that they are not scam artists or debt collectors, and she is not likely to get baillifs knocking on her door! Any idea how to stop calls once and for all?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, CJT-80, DaveM, Dave, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge