Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
British Gas Home Services:08700503525;Missed calls (Read 47,643 times)
Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: British Gas Home Services:08700503525;Missed c
Reply #15 - Nov 7th, 2007 at 12:33am

PeterS wrote on Nov 6th, 2007 at 10:27pm:
...Any idea how to stop calls once and for all?

An email to one of the senior management. Be polite, explain the problem.

E-mail addresses are: firstname.lastname@centrica.co.uk

British Gas management is here. There are two different pages with Mr Bentley's address on, one give firstname as Philip, and the other as Phil.

Centrica is British Gas' parent company, details of the board are here.

Mr Bentley was on BBC Watchdog the other week. Details on Watchdog's website here.

Please let us know how it goes and how you get the calls stopped.

IP Logged

Penny_Lane

Reply #16 - Nov 12th, 2007 at 5:37pm

It's British Gas trying to sell you insurance on your boiler, central heating system etc.  £15 per month, guanranteed to be with you within 4hrs of phone call, even on Christmas Eve.  All sounds reasonable, but what I didn't like and the reason I didn't take it up was that they want you to fill in your bank details over the phone (only sort code and account number, no security details) so that they can fill in the direct debit form and send it out to you - you then have 21 days to decided whether you want to continue, if you don't you then have to cancel the agreement they've already set up.
The chap was pleasant enough but too persistant for my liking.  I suggested they send me all the bumpf and I'd fill it in myself after I'd read all the smallprint etc. but they wouldn't let me do that.

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #17 - Nov 12th, 2007 at 6:40pm

I know someone who took that up. All went well until the boiler completely gave up the ghost and surpise, surprise it did not cover the cost of a new boiler. Also if the boiler is out of date and they can't get the spare parts you are out of luck. You are better off putting the £15 a month into a high interest account and using that if your boiler breaks down and calling out your local 'Corgi' chappie. How often does a boiler break down these days? Not very often and if it does it is time for a new boiler anyway.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, DaveM, CJT-80, Dave, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge