Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
bbb_uk Our New Global Moderator (Read 20,994 times)
NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

bbb_uk Our New Global Moderator
Feb 23rd, 2006 at 10:44pm

I have been interested to see that bbb_uk has just become a Global Moderator of this site and would love to know how this great honour came to be bestowed and where the job vacancy was advertised?

I would of course like to say that I think bbb_uk is probably a most suitable person to be a moderator on this site but it would be interesting to know why the forum management has bestowed this honour on bbb_uk but not on some of us other longstanding forum members.

I suspect it all has to do with the fact that bbb_uk is a more technically minded individual likely to be good at dealing with the geographic number alternative queries but is not of a more politically oriented mindset (like myself or the late lamented dorf or mc661) and so is less likely to ask awkward questions about the £150 FreePay ripoff banner that now heads up a site supposed to be about stopping scams.

However I would certainly be interested to hear from bbb_uk or Daniel or Dave about how this great honour came to be bestowed.

IP Logged

andy9
Supreme Member

Re: bbb_uk Our New Global Moderator
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 10:59pm

This snivelling and sarcastic personal whingeing is simply over the top, and not worthy of someone who claims to have political and diplomacy skills

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 11:09pm

I think this constant personal vendetta that you harbour demeans your otherwise clearly excellent technical knowledge of the uk telecoms marketplace.

Since the Dave, DaveM and ForumAdmin triumvirate has remained a closed shop for a very long time I think we are more than entitled to ask how someone else so suddenly joins the party.

I note you do not complain about the £150 ripoff FreePay banners which seems very unusual for someone of your normally highly developed critical faculty.  Of course you may just be another ego of Dave, DaveM and ForumAdmin which would explain much.
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2006 at 11:39pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

andy9
Supreme Member

Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 11:26pm

I am not here to explain to you how to endear yourself to these people, or why you might have failed.

I did not complain about the advert in question as I did not read it.

I congratulate bbb_uk on this appointment, and the common-sense of those who made it, and hope they will manage to ignore most of our other remarks.

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 11:35pm

andy9 wrote on Feb 23rd, 2006 at 11:26pm:
I did not complain about the advert in question as I did not read it.

The objectionable £150 FreePay fictitious Gift Vouchers offer is now in the top right of almost every page on this website.  How can you miss it unless you are a visually impaired user reading the website via text to speech software I cannot imagine.

IP Logged

Smasher

UK
Reply #5 - Feb 24th, 2006 at 10:21am

I'm a little concerned about that £150 banner.  I did click on it to investigate and am surprised that this site, bearing in mind it's aims and values, should feature such an advert.

bbb_uk congrats on your promotion!! Cheesy Cool

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 24th, 2006 at 10:52am

It would be nice to know bbb_uk's view on the ripoff £150 Gift Voucher Offer that now adorns the top of every single page on this website.
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2006 at 10:52am by N/A »  

IP Logged

omy

I came - I saw - I went
home.

Reply #7 - Feb 24th, 2006 at 1:58pm

But nobody in 'authority' has yet answered any of the criticisms of that banner - so why expect the 'new-boy on the block' to be any different, NGM? Wink Wink

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Feb 24th, 2006 at 2:06pm

Because he seemed to be a genuinely independent minded guy rather than one of those who have been part of the establishment setup of this website from its outset. Wink
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2006 at 11:41pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #9 - Feb 25th, 2006 at 12:30pm

Thank you all.

I was chosen for my technical background but mostly due to my help with the design of OfcoN's consultation webpages a few months ago. Daniel is busy working on upgrading/new features for the site and with DaveM mostly concentrating on number verification, this leaves Dave doing most of the moderating (moving threads posted in wrong place, etc), so Daniel felt
another hand was necessary.

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Feb 25th, 2006 at 3:49pm

bbb_uk wrote on Feb 25th, 2006 at 12:30pm:
Daniel is busy working on upgrading/new features for the site

What not more links to sites that Daniel gets paid commission on!   I hope you will be getting a percentage of this bbb_uk Wink

However I am pleased to see that Daniel has finally got the message on the FreePay website link disgrace and has replaced it with something much more acceptable and in line with the aims and objectives of this site (site to find cheapest gas and electricity suppliers).  And let me say it was Freepay's particular cashback marketing strategy I objected to as a weblink to www.greasypalm.co.uk might well have been quite acceptable.

bbb_uk I think one of your first jobs for the site needs to be to change the link on the front page to one that goes to Ofcom's new consultation on its revised NTNP.  As obviously the NTS: A Way Forward consultation closed quite some months ago. Shocked
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2006 at 7:55am by N/A »  

IP Logged

mc661

Habitual FOI requester.

West-Norfolk
Reply #11 - Feb 26th, 2006 at 12:43am

Hmm

Now that is interesting...

technical background
I have a technical background,

due to my help with the design of OfcoN's consultation webpages a few months ago
Hang on, it wasnt JUST you that helped.

So all my number verification on the block of numbers I got has gone un-noticed? Oh thanks that really makes me feel welcome doesnt it.
The real reason is that NGM and myself are both in politics and have publicly said so on the forums, we both speak out for things that we feel we have to and most of the time NGM and myself agree. By the way we are not from the same party.

Well done bbb on getting the promo and the more stress that will become of it. It really is a shame that the site as a whole was not contacted as im sure there are some lurkers on here that prob have more experince on forums then all of us put together. Also I will admit im a bit p***ed off that daniel didnt contact me considering our email correspondance.

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Feb 26th, 2006 at 8:02am

mc661 wrote on Feb 26th, 2006 at 12:43am:
Well done bbb on getting the promo and the more stress that will become of it. It really is a shame that the site as a whole was not contacted as im sure there are some lurkers on here that prob have more experince on forums then all of us put together. Also I will admit im a bit p***ed off that daniel didnt contact me considering our email correspondance.

I would personally find it very interesting if the forum held some kind of actual social get together although I do appreciate that the problems caused by the geographic dispersion of much of its membership may be somewhat insuperable on this front.

But it really would ne nice to meet Martin Lewis, Daniel -, Dave, Dave M and bbb_uk in one room on one day so as to convince myself they are all quite different, separate and real people.  I'm convinced bbb_uk is probably someone different but not so sure about all the others.

As to the forum moderator position I suppose it would have helped if its availability had been advertised and all possible worthy candidates could have applied.  But at least FreePay has disappeared and been replaced by EnergyLinx and also the thread I started criticising the use of the FreePay banner was not deleted from the forum.  Although the alternative geographic number I have kept adding to the database for www.westierhoming.me.uk has repeatedly been removed. Huh Angry
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2006 at 5:23pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

andy9
Supreme Member

Reply #13 - Feb 26th, 2006 at 8:59pm

Quote:
But it really would ne nice to meet Martin Lewis, Daniel -, Dave, Dave M and bbb_uk in one room on one day so as to convince myself they are all quite different, separate and real people.    

I must admit it would be very amusing for Martin Lewis to have an opportunity to make more public his reaction to NGM's assertion that we are the same person

... and has it been forgotten that I am also a secret Ofcom spy on here?

I am personally upset not to have been considered for this post either, as this would surely have given freer rein to the hierarchy's careful plans to destroy the credibility of the site, which so far only the enlightened NGM has been alert to.
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2006 at 9:01pm by andy9 »  

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Feb 26th, 2006 at 10:15pm

andy9 wrote on Feb 26th, 2006 at 8:59pm:
I am personally upset not to have been considered for this post either, as this would surely have given freer rein to the hierarchy's careful plans to destroy the credibility of the site, which so far only the enlightened NGM has been alert to.

I must say that this witty, sardonic and intelligent form of response also reflects on you in a far more favourable light andy9.  If you have criticisms to make I think seems to be a far more productive way in which to do it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, Dave, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge