Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Britannia Music wrong numbers listed (Read 13,291 times)
jjamjar

Britannia Music wrong numbers listed
Jul 14th, 2005 at 12:30pm

I think the numbers listed for Britannia Music need updating: 0208 9106655 goes straight to a fax machine and 0845 3303030 is the helpline for the Lesbian and Gay Foundation. Grin

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ˇ

Peterborough
Re: Britannia Music wrong numbers listed
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2005 at 1:14am

Sorry - these sources might say 0845 3303030 goes to them, but the Brittania Music Club says otherwise  Undecided

There are quite a few references from Music distributors to
"Britannia Music" 0845 330 3030
also saying the number comes from Britannia.

However, one I found saying it was the
Gay and Lesbian Foundation
was from the South Manchester Reporter, and we believe everything the papers say !! The other was from Pink UK, and they couldn't be wrong !!!   Lips Sealed

Can I suggest that you do some checking of your own like ring the 0845 and see who answers it !?  Undecided

0208 9106655 goes to a Fax after hours if memory serves me correct but I will look into it and advise you.

IP Logged

jjamjar

Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2005 at 11:19am

thanks for following up my post, however the reason for my message was that I have tried the numbers already and 0845 3303030 goes through to the G & L helpline as I said. The reason I know this is that I have been using the number!!!! Britannia stopped using this number in favour of the 0870 one a year or more ago and it has been removed from their literature.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2005 at 12:55pm

Britannia Music in the very old days (when I used them) they had 0181 910 6644 obviously before the london changeover.  Trying 0208 910 6644 doesn't work and I noticed the entry in the database of 0208 910 6655 is very similar to this.

The entry in the database does go to a fax number when I tried it (at time of writing this post) and the 0845 number listed is no longer used by Britannia and is now part of Gay and Lesbian as I have just rung it.

Trying neighbouring numbers results in either a (seemingly constant) engaged tone or doesn't exist.

I also noticed that they are still using a PO address.  Under the Electronic Commerce Directive and the Distance Selling Regs 2000 they have to provide a geographical address so I will email them this and ask for someone to ring back otherwise I shall take it further with regards to Trading Standards, etc.

I'm hoping by doing this (and assuming they do ring back) then they may leave a number on CLI.

If I hear anything I'll post here.

UPDATE:  A google search of their website reveals they use 0845 458 8800 but ringing this actually directs you to 0870 09 45678.  This does exist but is for sales and existing customers or for customers services they ask you to ring (yes, you guessed it) the 0871 number.

I have also noticed that they advertise the 0871 as being national rate and costing between 2p and 7p but a 0871 is 10p at all times.

I've just rung the 0870 (free as part of my inclusive mins on my mobile) and the sales person took my details and said she would have someone call me back over the address being a PO box.  I'll also mention about call charges are advertised incorrectly).
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2005 at 1:02pm by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ˇ

Peterborough
Reply #4 - Jul 18th, 2005 at 4:03pm

Thanks Kev

I talked to Customer services manager through the switchboard number we have. She said that the 0845 was changed over 2 years ago !! I said about the errors with the rates mentioned and she thinks this may have referred to when it was 0870, which sounds plausible. She is going to follow it up and change it to show the correct rate of
10p at all times
!

This goes to show how misleading some of the old data that's out there on the internet can be !  Undecided

Thinking about it logically, it may be that they have gone over to Voip at their offices, with the only main Geo access being the switchboard on 0208 9106000, and they've dumped the other numbers above 6000 to save money.

Will keep looking for any others & let you know.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #5 - Jul 18th, 2005 at 4:32pm

I've just had a call back regarding their PO box address and the 10ppm line being advertised as the same price as a 0870.  The lady was very nice and seemed genuinely surprised about the use of PO boxes and didn't realise that calls to 0871 were charged at 10ppm at all times.

She asked me to email through with links to the relevant sections of the law and I've also just emailed BT price list as well.

Anyhow, the purpose of them calling me back was to see if they left a number but unfortunately they didn't.  I really should get anonymous caller rejection for my vodafone mobile as they may have released their number then.  lol.

DaveM, I do agree in that they probably have gone to VoIP.

Kev.

IP Logged

jjamjar

Reply #6 - Jul 19th, 2005 at 10:34pm

thanks folks for the detailed enquiries. I hadn't appreciated the difference between 0870 and 0871 numbers

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #7 - Aug 18th, 2005 at 12:11pm

Quote:
...I said about the errors with the rates mentioned and she thinks this may have referred to when it was 0870, which sounds plausible. She is going to follow it up and change it to show the correct rate of
10p at all times
Well it's been a month since they were contacted by DaveM and myself over their misleading cost of calling 0871 numbers (I also contacted them over their use of a PO box address) and I've heard nothing and I noticed they are still stating calls to 0871 cost from 2p to 7p.  I've just rung their switchboard (only geo I could find) and I explained that I had heard nothing over this despite emailing them and I'm taking it further and involving trading standards.  As soon as I mentioned Trading Standards I was put through to the PA of one of the directors or something and she  promised she would look into it and call me back.
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2005 at 12:11pm by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #8 - Aug 18th, 2005 at 5:51pm

Just had a ring back from Linda, PA to the CEO thanking me for pointing out that their misleading cost of 7ppm to ring an 0871 and also about using a PO box address (which you can't if you sell things over the 'net, phone - ie long distance).  She confirmed I was right about what I mentioned and their website should be updated around middle of next week to reflect this.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #9 - Aug 24th, 2005 at 10:34pm

Having just checked Britannia's website they have finally changed it to show the correct cost of ringing their 0871 - it only took a phone call to H/O threatening to take it further via trading standards because of total lack of response to my email a month earlier.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #10 - Apr 2nd, 2006 at 9:01am

Well just out of curiousity I thought I'd see if Britannia are still displaying the cost of their 0871 number and surprise surprise they aren't anymore.

They've changed the design of their website from back in August 2005 and now its harder to get their number but managed to find it here and here.

I've still got the email address of the person I emailed over this (took me a while to find it - lol), so I'll email her again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, Dave, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge