Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any statistics on the prevelence of 0870/0845 (Read 4,787 times)
Ed_Stirling

Any statistics on the prevelence of 0870/0845
Apr 12th, 2006 at 10:50am

Undecided Does anyone have or know of figures for the number of calls to 0870, 0845 as opposed to geographic numbers... say a percentage of terminated calls.

This would help identify it as a problem, or at least the extent of it... e.g., "Did you know that x% of you monthly bill will consist of calls to NGN numbers..."

I noticed on the new 'free' Talk Talk broadband offer with its inclusive calls package, they are using an 0870 for customer service (the irony!)... So, what looks like a good deal could be expensive with CPS and a growing percentage of 0870s and 0845s for which you have to pay their rates.

I just think that when you argue it's always better to came at it from a factual point rather than an emotive one...

End bad things... if you want to!

IP Logged

BenDToy

Re: Any statistics on the prevelence of 0870/0845
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 11:55am

Not an answer to the question, but a comment about TalkTalk. The 0870 number they use is actually free to TalkTalk subscribers. (I am not defending the use of the number, just clarifying a point which is potentially misleading.)

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 2:38pm

I believe that one of Ofcom's consultations answered this question, or answered it as best as one can. I think it was NTS A way forward.

IP Logged

JoePublic
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 4:36pm

BenDToy wrote on Apr 12th, 2006 at 11:55am:
Not an answer to the question, but a comment about TalkTalk. The 0870 number they use is actually free to TalkTalk subscribers. (I am not defending the use of the number, just clarifying a point which is potentially misleading.)

If your phone is not working and you have to ring CS its not free from a phone box or your neighbours unless they are on TT,where as BT 0800 800150 is Wink.

Despite what some people will have you believe ," They are not the greatest thing since sliced bread".

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2006 at 1:04am

Quote:
Despite what some people will have you believe ," They are not the greatest thing since sliced bread".

More like the worst thing since Ratners in my experience of their dishonest billing and their rude sulky and incompetent customer service staff incapable of investigating or resolving any of my issues with the company.

I'm sure Charles Dunstone must be a clone of Tony Blair positively spinning telecoms instead of politics.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, DaveM, Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge