Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Do free numbers translate to geographic ones too? (Read 7,129 times)
madkingsoup

West London
Do free numbers translate to geographic ones too?
Apr 26th, 2006 at 1:31pm

It has occurred to me today that, since mobile phone comanies increasingly charge to call 0500/080* numbers, they are falling into the same category as all the other 08* numbers as they fall outside of call plans.

So... do they have normal numbers which can be called from a mobile to ensure you don't get charged for it?

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Re: Do free numbers translate to geographic ones t
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2006 at 2:13pm

madkingsoup wrote on Apr 26th, 2006 at 1:31pm:
So... do they have normal numbers which can be called from a mobile to ensure you don't get charged for it?

Yes nearly all 0800 numbers have 01/02 alternatives apart from those which route only to a Voip computer based telephone system at the destination end (as with some 084/7numbers).

Which is why the geographical alternatives for various 0800 numbers are advertised in the www.saynoto0870.com database.

However most companies who run an 0800 number are also usually happy to provide an 01/02 alternative on request since they clearly did not get an 0800 number for ripoff reasons.  Rather unlike most companies with an 087 number. Wink

IP Logged

madkingsoup

West London
Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2006 at 3:27pm

Oh cool. I did try the database first - must be just the ones I wanted that aren't listed  Undecided

Cheers though for the confirmation!

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 26th, 2006 at 3:56pm

madkingsoup wrote on Apr 26th, 2006 at 3:27pm:
Oh cool. I did try the database first - must be just the ones I wanted that aren't listed  Undecided

Try asking these companies for their number to call from overseas as normal uk freephone 0800 numbers can't easily be called from many overseas countries and telecoms providers.  Ask them for the number that starts +44 1777 777777 or similar and then delete the +44 and add a zero before the 1777 bit to get the uk geographic phone number.

Also did you also check the Unverified Numbers list on the SayNoTo0870 website.  These are accessed from the grey button below the normal search box for verified 0870 number alternatives.
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2006 at 3:57pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

andy9
Supreme Member

Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2006 at 7:41pm

... and if you still can't find an alternate numbner, then use 02002220700 as a callthrough number - don't press Send after entering the second number though

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge