Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
talk talk caller display charges (Read 10,222 times)
gudman

talk talk caller display charges
Jun 9th, 2006 at 10:31pm

talk talk calling features price comparison with BT shows Bt charge is £1.75 and talk talk is £1.50, but I am with Bt and getting free Caller Display,anything we can do?

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Re: talk talk caller display charges
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2006 at 7:51pm

gudman wrote on Jun 9th, 2006 at 10:31pm:
talk talk calling features price comparison with BT shows Bt charge is £1.75 and talk talk is £1.50, but I am with Bt and getting free Caller Display,anything we can do?

Welcome gudman.

That's one of Talk Talk's 'being economical with the truth' marketing mis-statements which, if you factor in the 'ifs' and 'buts', is not a lie.

The obvious answer to your question is, "Stay with BT."

At least then you'll be sure you can get Caller Display, 141, 1470, 1471, basic 1571 [if you're foolish enough to use it] and Premium Rate call barring all free and the certainty that the prices quoted for 0844 (etc.) numbers are the prices you'll pay.

Additionally, you can be certain that you'll be able to select/change your CPS service and use prefix-dial companies to reduce your call costs.
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2006 at 7:57pm by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

Justin

Thatfreebie.com
Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2006 at 12:57am

I am with talk talk for phone line only (turned down BB) I have use of  Caller Display, 141, 1470, 1471,1571and Premium Rate call barring ALL for free i pulled TalkTalk and i was told i would get it free otherwise  would goback to BT and it worked lol

Why not visit www.thatfreebie.com Smiley and enjoy freebies Smiley

IP Logged

cmotd

Reply #3 - Aug 23rd, 2006 at 10:53am

Hi

Just reading these things with Caller Display and "Talk Talk" - I dont know if this helps but I was with BT for all my calls and subscribed for BT Privacy which gave me "Free" Caller ID saving £1.75 per month I think.  I then changed my Broadband package to include phone calls with Tiscali at a cost of £19.99 - this gives me unlimited downloads (fair usage polocy applied in peak periods) - but the upside is I get ALL geographial calls prefix "01" or "02"  FREE for up to an hour but am charged for mobile, internaltional and I think 0800 and 0870 - but I still get my caller ID free- the other downside is I still have to pay the BT line rental  Angry

I hope this helps

Cmod

IP Logged

orsonkart
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 23rd, 2006 at 11:11pm

cmotd wrote on Aug 23rd, 2006 at 10:53am:
Hi

Just reading these things with Caller Display and "Talk Talk" - I dont know if this helps but I was with BT for all my calls and subscribed for BT Privacy which gave me "Free" Caller ID saving £1.75 per month I think.  I then changed my Broadband package to include phone calls with Tiscali at a cost of £19.99 - this gives me unlimited downloads (fair usage polocy applied in peak periods) - but the upside is I get ALL geographial calls prefix "01" or "02"  FREE for up to an hour but am charged for mobile, internaltional and I think 0800 and 0870 - but I still get my caller ID free- the other downside is I still have to pay the BT line rental  Angry

I hope this helps

Cmod

You may get your caller display free at the moment,but if you dont start putting some calls through BT after the 1/10/2006 they will probaly charge you for it.

"Revised BT Privacy Terms and conditions
BT Privacy helps stop unwanted sales calls by registering you with the Telephone Preference Service and giving you BT Caller Display at no extra charge.
From 1st October 2006, customers who do not make some chargeable calls with BT will be charged for BT Caller Display.
Customers with other call providers can still benefit from BT Caller Display at no extra cost if the following calls are made. Customers who bill monthly must make at least two chargeable calls with BT in that month, otherwise BT reserves the right to charge £1.75 a month for BT Caller Display. Customers who bill every three months must make at least six chargeable calls within those three months, otherwise BT reserves the right to charge £5.25 a quarter.
If you do not currently make calls with BT and would like to start making your calls with us again, please call 0800 121 8088. Alternatively, if you would like to make one-off calls that are chargeable to your BT bill then simply dial the numbers 1280 before you dial the phone number you wish to call.
Caller Display requires a compatible phone, (available at BT Shop online), a BT line and caller display equipment. Numbers will not be displayed if the call is from payphones, some switchboards, non-BT networks or where a caller's number is withheld."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, CJT-80, Dave, Forum Admin, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge