Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Voipstunt increase connection charge (Read 8,688 times)
a very nice man
Supreme Member

England
Voipstunt increase connection charge
Aug 18th, 2006 at 8:18pm

Since lunch today, 18 Aug, Voipstunt has increased the connection fee on their callback service from €0.03 to €0.05.
There was no warning, and unless you read the 8 point text on the dial program, you would be unaware.
It still appears to be for the one hour max call length at a time, so therefore it is still extremely good value espescially at 3.4p using todays exchange rate.
But obviously this is a massive price hike in percentage terms. 59.88% !!

Be prepared for all the other branches on the tree to quickly follow.

As a sideline, anyone know the best way to run multiple lines from one voip account? Something like an exchange. I'm sure I read about it once on this site somewhere. Would they all have the same number? Could they all do callback? etc.
A web address with the info would be much appreciated

EDITED............................
2130hrs         it's back down to €0.03. What the heck's happening?
Is this a prelude of things to come?

Edit #2
2228hrs and it's up to €0.05 again. Is someone taking the ****?
Anyone else using one of these services and spotting the same problem?
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2006 at 11:02pm by a very nice man »  

Wooden balance bikes for only £35 + postage. www.easycyclers.co.uk
IP Logged

reggie

Re: Voipstunt increase connection charge
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2006 at 11:39am

On a previous thread you implied that one could use the call back service on voipstunt if one didn't have the right equipment to make the call direct. I am using Windows 98SE . Could I use the ringback system and how would I go about it? I would appreciate your help.

IP Logged

orsonkart
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2006 at 12:49pm

reggie wrote on Aug 24th, 2006 at 11:39am:
On a previous thread you implied that one could use the call back service on voipstunt if one didn't have the right equipment to make the call direct. I am using Windows 98SE . Could I use the ringback system and how would I go about it? I would appreciate your help.

Have a look at their sister companies site.Which purely offers a callback service. No special eqpt needed.

http://www.webcalldirect.com/en/index.php

IP Logged

a very nice man
Supreme Member

England
Reply #3 - Aug 24th, 2006 at 5:20pm

Dependant upon which country / ies you want to dial for free would dictate which particular version you download.
But assuming Voipstunt covers your needs, you download the software from the homepage www.voipstunt.com
Set up your account and credit it with €11.60 . Of which only €10 is credit, the rest is V.A.T.
Once you open the program there is a box labelled "Direct Callback Nr". In here you type your number. At the bottom of the screen is a blank box for you to enter the target number.
Press the green dial button.
Your phone will ring, which you then pick up. You will hear a ringing tone as it dials the target.
Dependant upon the origin and destination would dictate your final charge.
Eg with voipstunt the callback connection fee is €0.03 and the cost to dial England is free. So from your UK landline to another UK landline, the total charge would be €0.03 for a max of 60mins, with a total of 300 free mins in a ROLLING 7 DAY PERIOD not a week.
But if you wanted to connect Afganistan with Angola, the the call would be €0.03 connection + per min charges of €0.53 (€0.29 Afg + €0.24 Ang)

This way no equipment is necessary other than an internet connect to initiate the call.

Hope this helps.

IP Logged

reggie

Reply #4 - Aug 24th, 2006 at 6:42pm

Thanks . I just tried to instal it on my computer but it tells me it needs windowsNT and above. Do you think it can be used say in France?

IP Logged

a very nice man
Supreme Member

England
Reply #5 - Aug 24th, 2006 at 6:58pm

There should be no reason why it can't be used in France, but I assume you will need NT or above there also. Grin
It is net based after all, so if it can't be registered as a french occupant, then just register as a UK resident. You'll get a landline number for the account, which might be ideal if you are English and in france.
Then your friends can ring your voip uk land number, but you can divert it to your french land, at no further cost to either party.
However, it might register subject to your ip address. In which case get it registered here before using over there.

There is a french version of the same thing called Netappel, but it's choice of countries is limited in comparison to others. At the moment www.voipdiscount.com offers the greater amopunt of free destinations.

IP Logged

orsonkart
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 24th, 2006 at 10:03pm

You no longer get a landline number allocated to you,by this group of companies. Wink

« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2006 at 10:19pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

reggie

Reply #7 - Aug 25th, 2006 at 4:14pm

Thank you Orsonkart.I tried the site you suggested and tried the free trial call. I tried a number in the US and  a number in France but got the message that these were not free destinations not withstanding the listing of free countries which includes both of these.

IP Logged

a very nice man
Supreme Member

England
Reply #8 - Aug 25th, 2006 at 5:15pm

Reggie
It would be worthwhile looking around, and at the moment I would still recommend Voipdiscount.
I've just had a look at the rates page for Voipstunt and the rates are up. Perhaps it may be connected to a cookie on my machine as I have been hammering the account recently. The listing still also shows France & USA as free but my rates are £0.083p.

Voipdiscounts rates and listing still show both countries as free. Use the same instructions as above, just change the name.
Obviously things are changing all the time. When I signed up I got the land number, and wasn't aware it had changed until Orsonkart mentioned it.
If these rates continue to rise then be prepared for the Betamax tree to offer another branch with better discounts, as always seems to be the case.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, bbb_uk, CJT-80, Forum Admin, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge