Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Overseas equivalents of SAYNOTO0870.COM (Read 29,921 times)
NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: Spanish premium rate numbers
Reply #15 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 6:59pm

redant wrote on Aug 14th, 2008 at 1:14pm:
Can I ask for advice from the forum-I have been asked to dial a Spanish number +34 91 322 6824 (government department in Spain) which I believe may be a premium rate number. Can anybody give me advice on how Spanish premium rate numbers are formatted and any idea of the price? I have tried to Google for the information but could not seem to obtain it. Many thanks for any information that can be supplied.

The equivalent of 084/7 covert revenue sharing numbers in Spain begin with the area codes 901 and 902.  Cheap 1p per minute landline call carriers to Spain like www.18185.co.uk by and large refuse to carry calls to these numbers.  Most of the large Spanish organisations with call centres now regrettably use 901 and 902 prefixed numbers.

The equivalent website to www.saynoto0870.com for these Spanish 901 and 902 numbers is http://nomasnumeros900.com/

Unfortunately at present they do not seem to have geographic alternatives for as high a percentage of Spanish 901 and 902 numbers as this website does for our 084/7 numbers.  But at least there is a website and the problem has been recognised. Smiley

By the way our family has an apartment in Spain so I regularly have to find ways to avoid dialling 901 and 902 prefixed Spanish numbers.

So far as I know 913 is a normal Spanish area code for Madrid.  According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%2B34 area codes 911 to 988 are all regular Spanish geographic area codes.  It is only area codes 900 to 909 that are non geographic but each one of these codes implies a different call tariff.  Confusingly both 800 and 900 prefixed numbers are Freephone, 901, 902, 908 and 909 are the equivalent of 084/7  NTS and 803, 806, 807 and 905 and 907 seem to be used for what we might consider to be Premium Rate very high cost revenue sharing applications.

However the mix of numbering is such that the Spanish telcos have done an even better job of confusing, dividing and ruling with hidden covert revenue share number prefixes than the British ones have. Shocked Angry Cry

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: Overseas equivalents of SAYNOTO0870.COM
Reply #16 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 7:06pm

Tanllan wrote on Aug 14th, 2008 at 3:56pm:
+34 91 Madrid. When Spain renumbered all geographic codes took a leading 9.

Yes all two digit Spanish area codes became three digit area codes some time in the late 1990s by adding 9 to the front of them - eg the Balearic islands became 971 instead of 71.  Of course since then they then have also purloined the early 900 number range codes not allocated to any area code for NGN type applications and then also created 8xx area codes some of which are Freephone and some of which are premium rate.

The common theme of all these NGN ripoff systems seems to be to deliberately adopt irrational and inconsistent code prefixes so the public will not know what is and is not a covert premium rate number. Shocked
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2008 at 7:55pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, bbb_uk, DaveM, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge