Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Safecall - Investigators of workplace fraud (Read 10,203 times)
Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Safecall - Investigators of workplace fraud
Oct 16th, 2006 at 2:23pm

Has anyone else come across a company called Safecall? They investigate alleged fraud in the workplace. They use 0870 numbers and don't say how much they cost. Perhaps they are profitting from them aswell.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2006 at 4:50pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Re: Safecall - Investigators of workplace fraud
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2006 at 2:44pm

Dave wrote on Oct 16th, 2006 at 2:23pm:
On a similar note, I has anyone else come across a company called Safecall? They investigate alleged fraud in the workplace. They use 0870 numbers and don't say how much they cost. Perhaps they are profitting from them aswell.  Roll Eyes

I have e-mailed them, pointing out the error of their ways, maybe a few more e-mails to them might have the desired effect to supply a geo number.
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2006 at 4:53pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2006 at 2:50pm

derrick wrote on Oct 17th, 2006 at 2:44pm:
On a similar note, I has anyone else come across a company called Safecall? They investigate alleged fraud in the workplace. They use 0870 numbers and don't say how much they cost. Perhaps they are profitting from them aswell.  Roll Eyes

I have e-mailed them, pointing out the error of their ways, maybe a few more e-mails to them might have the desired effect to supply a geo number.

I emailed them aswell and I had a reply from Graham Long (email address graham {at} safecall {dot} co {dot} uk). Perhaps with the email address being first name only, it is a small company with few employees.  Undecided

He gave freephone number 0800 915 1571. The website lists 0191 5166395 on a few pages. I have added these to the Say no to 0870 database.

The response I received was:
Quote:
Mr Dave,

If you are an employee of one of our clients and wish to make a report please call Safecall on 0800 915 1571.

I would be more than happy to discuss with you the call charges relating to our service and once we have spoken I think you will appreciate why we operate non geographic numbers.

Regards

Graham Long
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2006 at 4:55pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Re: Safecall
Reply #3 - Oct 17th, 2006 at 3:01pm

Dave wrote on Oct 17th, 2006 at 2:50pm:

I emailed them aswell and I had a reply from Graham Long (email address graham {at} safecall {dot} co {dot} uk). Perhaps with the email address being first name only, it is a small company with few employees.  Undecided

He gave freephone number 0800 915 1571. The website lists 0191 5166395 on a few pages. I have added these to the Say no to 0870 database.

Quote:
Mr Dave,

If you are an employee of one of our clients and wish to make a report please call Safecall on 0800 915 1571.

I would be more than happy to discuss with you the call charges relating to our service and once we have spoken I think you will appreciate why we operate non geographic numbers.

Regards

Graham Long

Are you going to call him and point out what is probably wrong info he has got regarding 0870 numbers?
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2006 at 4:56pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

farci

Glasgow
Reply #4 - Oct 17th, 2006 at 3:38pm

derrick wrote on Oct 17th, 2006 at 3:01pm:
Dave wrote on Oct 17th, 2006 at 2:50pm:

Quote:
Mr Dave,

Regards

Graham Long

Are you going to call him and point out what is probably wrong info he has got regarding 0870 numbers?

Graham Long from Safecall called me today to discuss an e-mail I sent him last week pointing out the error of his ways.

He had been informed by BT after receiving my e-mail that 0870 did not cost any more than a 'national call' (I know, I know). I sent him a detailed exposé of the scam including references to BT's website where he can work it out for himself. I think they are taking this seriously and were misinformed (nothing new there, then Undecided).

He just called me again to ask if we would mind not sending him any more e-mails just now until he has taken up with BT the lies they told him last week.

I will hold him to his promise and wait for his feedback.
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2006 at 4:57pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #5 - Oct 17th, 2006 at 4:25pm

I have just spoken to him,well about an hour or so ago, and he has given me some speil about the reasoning why they use 0870 numbers,( I asked why not a freephone or geo number on the site),any way he gave the same points as you, farci, and mentioned that he had been contacted by 2 others, also that BT had told him 0870 is the same as "national rate".
He said he would take on board what I said and that he might put the cost of the call on the site when calling from a BT line.
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2006 at 4:57pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

farci

Glasgow
Reply #6 - Oct 17th, 2006 at 6:38pm

derrick wrote on Oct 17th, 2006 at 4:25pm:
I have just spoken to him,well about an hour or so ago, and he has given me some speil about the reasoning why they use 0870 numbers,( I asked why not a freephone or geo number on the site),any way he gave the same points as you, farci, and mentioned that he had been contacted by 2 others, also that BT had told him 0870 is the same as "national rate".
He said he would take on board what I said and that he might put the cost of the call on the site when calling from a BT line.

When I was researching an answer to Safecall, I wanted to show themhow little BT salespeople know about their own charges. Here is part of my e-mail to Safecall which might help others in similar situations:

The best way to disprove what BT told you is to use their own information.

Go to their website and click on Call Pricer
http://www.bt.com/Pricing/call_pricer.jsp?showsub=PIS_Residential&showsub2=PIS_U....
Use this to calculate the cost of, say, a 5 minute daytime call locally and nationally to a normal 01/02 number. On the least favourable BT domestic tariff both will work out at 15 pence – so no difference between local and national calls, then!

Then go to this page
http://www.bt.com/btcom_redirectLink.jsp?action=redirectLink&targetLinkID=PIS_UK...
which lists the rates for 0870 calls. That same 5 minute daytime call will cost you 35 pence using an 0870 number! What’s more, 0870 and 0845 calls are never included in the inclusive minutes for mobile phones and are charged at even higher rates than BT.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #7 - Nov 5th, 2006 at 2:34pm

farci wrote on Oct 17th, 2006 at 3:38pm:
He just called me again to ask if we would mind not sending him any more e-mails just now until he has taken up with BT the lies they told him last week.

I will hold him to his promise and wait for his feedback.

Have you had any feedback farci?

I sent you a PM the other day. Do you know you've received it?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Forum Admin, Dave, bbb_uk, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge