Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Another Overpaid Ofcom Board Director Clears Off (Read 4,113 times)
NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Another Overpaid Ofcom Board Director Clears Off
Nov 2nd, 2006 at 12:17pm

Quote:
02|11|06
Kip Meek to stand down from Ofcom Board

The Ofcom Board today announced that Chief Policy Partner Kip Meek will be standing down from the Ofcom Board with effect from early 2007.

Kip Meek joined the Ofcom Board in March 2003 and is responsible for Ofcom’s content and standards, legal and international functions. As Chairman of the independent European Regulators’ Group (ERG) – a post he holds until January 2007 – he also leads the work of 33 national regulatory authorities in advising the European Commission on the regulation of electronic communications markets.

Ofcom Chairman David Currie said: “On behalf of the Board I would like to express our gratitude to Kip for his incisive leadership and significant policy achievements at Ofcom and, more widely, in Europe.”

Ofcom Chief Executive Ed Richards said: “Kip is a greatly valued and respected colleague. I would like to add my personal thanks for his considerable contribution and support.”

Ofcom Chief Policy Partner Kip Meek said: “I have enjoyed my time at Ofcom immensely. However, with the completion of my term as ERG Chairman next year – and as my fifth year with Ofcom approaches – the time is right for me to move on.”

Ends.

It seems Mr Meek will be sloping off to even better paid work in the private telecoms sector based on his now extensive network of contacts at Ofcom and after several years of consistently failing to do anything policy based to stop the UK citizen consumer from being ripped off over NGN numbers.

Presumably his next little appointment will inevitably at least double his current Ofcom salary to a level of £500,000 per annum or more. Wink Shocked Cry

Talk about Tony's Cronies. Angry Angry Angry

<div style=

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Re: Another Overpaid Ofcom Board Director Clears O
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2006 at 10:31pm

I believe the news item on the Register titled, Ofcom stays in neutral on net neutrality, speaks wonders for Ofcom  Wink
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2006 at 10:31pm by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: Another Overpaid Ofcom Board Director Clears O
Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2006 at 10:43pm

Quote:
What the net neutrality lobby had done, said Lord Currie, was to turn an essentially economic issue into a moral crusade, said Lord Curried

Presumably Lord Currie considers the continuation of NGN scamming as essentially an economic issue for his telco cronies to make a fat and hidden proft out of, which is why he both resisted our moral crusade and also ignored his duties under European competition law to ensure proper price disclosure of the cost of making uk telephone calls before they are dialled by the customer. Angry Angry Angry
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2006 at 10:44pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, bbb_uk, DaveM, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge