Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Travelodge Hotels - Central Bookings (Read 96,002 times)
buzz99

Bedford, UK
Travelodge Hotels - Central Bookings
Oct 28th, 2006 at 1:07pm

Is there a geographic number for Travelodge Hotel Bookings ??
Their advertised bookings number is:  08700 850 950
There are some geographic nos in the main listing for a few individual Travelodges, but not for the main bookings number.
Thanks

~ Edit by Dave: Thread title amended
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2006 at 7:42pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Travelodge Hotels
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 2:05pm

Travelodge moved to its current head office on 3 February 2006, details here. The address is:

Sleepy Hollow
Aylesbury Road
Thame
OX9 3AT

The general number is 01844 358500. Ring and ask to be put through to customer services/bookings.

IP Logged

jamesducker

Calne, Wiltshire
Re: Travelodge Hotels - Central Bookings
Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2006 at 6:59pm

This number worked last week, but seems not to any more. It now directs callers to a full voicemail box, says 'transferring to an attendant', then it gives up.

Some (but, curiously, not all) of the individual Travelodge numbers have a menu option to be put through to central reservations.

I think this is part of a general upgrade because the central reservations menu system has changed and become voice-activated now (ie harder to use).

I suppose this is what they mean by 'no frills' Wink

~ Edit by Dave: Thread title amended
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2006 at 7:42pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

jamesducker

Calne, Wiltshire
Reply #3 - Jan 22nd, 2007 at 11:44am

An update... 01844 358500 seems to work all the time now.

And it's now "official" - they've even started printing it on their letterhead! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Travelodge Central Booking
Reply #4 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 2:12pm

I have started this as a new thread as the previous ones mentioning Travelodge related to specific hotels.   My elderly father who has no internet access will want to book a room at a Travelodge in/near Nottingham and will need to call the central booking line.   I have used the Customer Services line in the database here and they cannot/will not take bookings or transfer me, it is not possible to book directly by phoning the hotel (pity as the direct nos are in the database) and can only suggest phoning 0871 9848484 - has anyone got a geographical alternative for this?   Such a phone call made by my father would probably last a while and so be very expensive for him as he will probably want to ask questions of his own so it's no good me trying (not that I would use 0871, I always book online).  I know I could offer to book online for him but he does like to maintain his independence so if anyone has a geo no that would be great.

Thanks.

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #5 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 2:18pm

Have you tried the main head office switchboard - 01844 358500?

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #6 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 2:22pm

Barbara, I seemed to think that there was a verified entry (or entries) for Travelodge customer services/reservations. I would therefore like to verify any entries we know to work.

You have said you have called the customer services number in the database. I assume you are talking about an unverified entry and therefore I would like you to let us know which number or numbers do work - there are two for "customer services".

As is given above in this thread, the switchboard number for Travelodge head office is 01844 358500 which is also unverified.

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #7 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 2:23pm

I just did a quick Google, and I've come up with the following number - 0800 850 950.

This is also apparently for Travelodge Central Reservations. Please can you try it and let us know if it works or not.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #8 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 2:25pm

jgxenite wrote on Jun 19th, 2008 at 2:23pm:
I just did a quick Google, and I've come up with the following number - 0800 850 950.

This number is not recognised. I think it is the 0870 number with a digit missing: 08700 850 950.

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #9 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 2:31pm

Hmm, in which case, a number of websites had the wrong number! Another number that has just come up on my travels is 01384 78884, but it appears to be missing on digit (unless it is a very old Travelodge number... and probably won't work anyway).

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #10 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 2:34pm

jgxenite wrote on Jun 19th, 2008 at 2:31pm:
Hmm, in which case, a number of websites had the wrong number! Another number that has just come up on my travels is 01384 78884, but it appears to be missing on digit (unless it is a very old Travelodge number... and probably won't work anyway).

If it's not for one of the hotels, then it may be their old head office. See my first reply (#1) above.

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #11 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 2:55pm

Dave, there were three numbers in the database for customer services 01844 358749 was engaged, didn't try 01844 358716; as it looked like they might be extensions, all having the same dialling code, I called 01844 358500 where could/would only direct me to the 0871 number but at least this can now be verified.   Does this help?

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #12 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 2:52pm

Barbara wrote on Jun 19th, 2008 at 2:55pm:
… I called 01844 358500 where could/would only direct me to the 0871 number but at least this can now be verified.   Does this help?

If he cannot book by telephoning the hotel he wishes to stay at directly, then is there a reason why he must stay at a Travelodge when there are other hotels which don't levy a telephone booking surcharge?

There are two possibilities I can think of:

1. Central reservations is based at the head office, therefore the switchboard can put you through and are refusing to do so.

2. Central reservations has been outsourced to a third party provider, therefore the switchboard would have to make an outside (chargeable) call to put you through.

A different address may suggest that it is number 2. I will see what I can find on Travelodge.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #13 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 3:18pm

These two pages make reference to Travelodge Reservations being located in Dudley:

http://www.q-max.co.uk/case_studies/article.asp?ContentID=82
http://www.ttctraining.co.uk/travellodge.htm

A (possibly outdated) BT case study:

http://www.thecma.com/accounts/CMANEW/documents/Nov2006/Travelodge_newBTlogo.pdf

This record at Thomson Local gives an address:

Travelodge Reservation Centre
Castlegate Way
Dudley
DY1 4TE

Tel:0870-191 1500

If this is still the address, then we are looking for a Dudley number; 01384.

A Google of travelodge "dy1 4te" 01384 reveals some possibly useful pages:

http://www.city-visitor.com/dudley/hotels.html and http://www.zettai.net/find/cradley-heath/hotels/ both give 0121 521 6000 for the reservations centre. This is now not recognised. Perhaps it was an old number from when the call centre was elsewhere.
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2008 at 3:52pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #14 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 4:50pm

Dave, thanks for your reply, I have looked at the links.   By the time he travels, he will be 87 and is taking his first holiday in years.   He needs to meet up with a friend and catch a train from Nottingham on the Sunday morning, he comes from Lincolnshire & there are no trains on the day to connect hence the need to stay in a relatively cheap hotel on the Saturday night.   We thought of Travelodge as we have used them for such overnight stays when travelling  and they are OK, we book online.  The only other chains I could think of were Premier Inn & Express by Holiday Inn, both more expensive & supplying 087X numbers (I know there are some alternatives in the database but I suspect these are like Travelodge, connect to reception but cannot deal with bookings).  If it isn't possible to find an geo no for him to ring I will have to offer to book online but then I am bound to do something in a way he doesn't like!    As you may have guessed, this whole holiday plan is driving us mad, it was the cause of my battle over Bournemouth Tourist Info as well.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, DaveM, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge